hobdrive - and i-MIEV ion zero, show electronic control units, reset errors

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluetooth OBDLink MX + has Class 2 Bluetooth.
For IOS, you need Class 4 Bluetooth or WiFI.

Thanks kdika. Can you recommend a Bluetooth adapter that works with HobDrive on iOS?

Andrew

Adapters with bluetooth 4 should work. For example, Carista or viecar Bt 4.
Here is a photo of the insides of these adapters: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=639908&view=findpost&p=94079225
If using viecar Bt 4 it may be necessary to remove the resistor: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=639908&view=findpost&p=93939282
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=639908&view=findpost&p=92692777

PS. You can measure yourself with a multimeter between the adapter pins (6 and 14). Should be about 45-50kΩ

Adoepner said:
I’m looking to run HobDrive on an iPhone with a Bluetooth OBDLink MX+. I’m not having any success. From my reading if earlier posts, if appears that this configuration is not supported. Could anyone please confirm this or offer some tips to get it working?

Thanks,

Andrew
Couldn't get it working here. Although the MX+ supports iOS it is not BLE 4.0 so probably only works with apps that are registered with Apple to use the adaptor.

I think you'll need a BLE 4.0 adaptor to use Hobdrive with iOS.

Hobdrive does work with the MX+ on Android - that's where I used it. (I don't use it any more as I sold my Ion!)

In that case, I think I’ll try and scrounge an old Android tablet to leave in the car, rather than roll the dice on a new adapter.

Adoepner said:
In that case, I think I’ll try and scrounge an old Android tablet to leave in the car, rather than roll the dice on a new adapter.
I'm using my adaptor (first with Canion and Hobdrive, now with Leafspy as I now own a Leaf) on my son's Amazon Fire HD 8 but it's a bit of a pain as Fire OS has to be hacked a bit to get Google Play apps on it and the Bluetooth support in FireOS is a bit flaky so I'm thinking of picking up a cheap Samsung or Generic Android tablet of my own for use with the car and he can have his back. :D

Another advantage of you staying with the MX+ and picking up a cheap Android device is then you'll be able to run Canion, which has many great features. Some features overlap Hobdrive but it has a much better UI for the things which both apps do especially in terms of graphing data over time (miles/kWh, heater power use etc etc) and cell voltage display.

Although it doesn't read or clear fault codes Canion does provide a lot of live data which is useful for troubleshooting especially traction battery cell issues.

Hi Serhge!

I have a registered version of Hobdrive running on Android. It works fine, but still could not figurate it out, how the voltage smoothing/balancing tool could work. I get a failure message, than notting happens.
My proceedure:
1. start the car and pair the devices on bluetooth 2. start the program and pair with the car 3. stop the car with turning the ignition key to the last position - so the power still remains in the circuit and the program communicates with the ECU (otherwise no connection possible, if i just begin to load the car) 4. start chargng the car, the cells are under 3,8V as formerly described 5. start the smoothing page and try to start the application function. No other screen appears, just the button gets red/green/grey ... and i get somethimes the error message: "Can't invoke: BMU_CellVoltageSmoothingStart" . While standard charging the car the status of cell smoothage goes from off to on, but i guess this is anyway happening from BMU and it's not because the application.

How can i start the balancing function?

2. Second question: i removed the front seat and then got the airbag warning light on. Is there a possibility in the program to clear the warning light?

It's a 2011 C-Zero;

Thanks for feedback :)

Second question: i removed the front seat and then got the airbag warning light on. Is there a possibility in the program to clear the warning light?

Try to select ECU Type in the settings:
-Mitsubishi SRS only DTC KWP
or
-Mitsubishi SRS only DTC CAN

kdika said:
Second question: i removed the front seat and then got the airbag warning light on. Is there a possibility in the program to clear the warning light?

or

Hi, i downloaded the newest beta version, but do not have this options. I have following ECU types for Mitsubishi:

Mitsubishi 4M41 (Pajero)
Mitsubishi CVT+OBD2 CAN
Mitsubishi iMiEV Li-ION
Mitsubishi iMiEV Li-Titanate
Mitsubishi ?imicab iMiEV LI-ION 2014
Mitsubishi MUT
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV+OBD

where to get that additional ECU types?

zsandor said:
kdika said:

or

Hi, i downloaded the newest beta version, but do not have this options. I have following ECU types for Mitsubishi:

Mitsubishi 4M41 (Pajero)
Mitsubishi CVT+OBD2 CAN
Mitsubishi iMiEV Li-ION
Mitsubishi MUT

Screen/settings/version and update/version?

Screen/settings/vehicle settings/ecu settings/ECU Manufacturer (filter) - Mitsubishi
Screen/settings/vehicle settings/ecu settings/Vehicle Type ECU - Mitsubishi SRS only DTC KWP or Mitsubishi SRS only DTC CAN

PS. Reading errors will only work in the full version

kdika said:
zsandor said:
kdika said:
or

Mitsubishi 4M41 (Pajero)
Mitsubishi CVT+OBD2 CAN
Mitsubishi iMiEV Li-ION
Mitsubishi MUT

Screen/settings/version and update/version?

Screen/settings/vehicle settings/ecu settings/ECU Manufacturer (filter) - Mitsubishi
Screen/settings/vehicle settings/ecu settings/Vehicle Type ECU - Mitsubishi SRS only DTC KWP or Mitsubishi SRS only DTC CAN

PS. Reading errors will only work in the full version

I have the 1.5.48 full/licensed version. It does not install any newer (applyed for 1.6.6 beta version), even if i delete end reinstall the app...
Will try it with another device

- v1.6.4 04/01/2020
- ECU:
Mitsubishi SRS only DTC CAN
Mitsubishi SRS only DTC KWP

android > 4.4

Last beta - v1.6.13 12/18/2020

Many thanks!!!! :)))))) i installed on another android device a never version of Hobdrive and i got than the two above mentioned ECU’s. The second one has worked and could reset the airbag warning light on my C-Zero :) as this was caused by disconnected switch under the driver seat, and had no real failure in the system, the light was not reocurring. Will also check the cell balancing function soon :)
Thanks!

Can someone remind me how to get to the traction battery diagnostics? Ie which screens to navigate? Call me dumb but i hsve done this in the past, cannot remember exactly how, i cant find those screens now even though the rest of it seems to work.

Is it possible to add a trigger for the battery calibration routine?

My car reports 29Ah capacity but is only accepting 26Ah charge. I know it will _eventually_ adjust downwards (1Ah per 1000km) but knowing it's already way out means I would prefer to have it reset to what it is now

This can be done with MUT3, but dealers want $$ for the privilege and it means not having the car for a couple of days, when it could simply be done over a charging cycle

zsandor said:
How can i start the balancing function?

You can only do this when charging (not Chaedamo).

If you don't do it inside Hobdrive, it's triggered automatically by the charging routines once the car hits about 95-98% full and is why it takes so long to get from 95 to 100% charge (you can watch the balancing function switching on/off)

it's been a long time since I've run here, balancing during charging can't charge the cells correctly, the balancer is only 40 mA, so you need to balance after charging at the remaining 90%, you need to turn it on yourself, there won't be a good result in any other way, it also takes several days in a row to balance, consider yourself that a balancer of 40mamp can, right, almost nothing can, it takes a lot of time, but even though it's long, but the result will be good! tested personally !

stoatwblr said:
Is it possible to add a trigger for the battery calibration routine?

My car reports 29Ah capacity but is only accepting 26Ah charge. I know it will _eventually_ adjust downwards (1Ah per 1000km) but knowing it's already way out means I would prefer to have it reset to what it is now

This can be done with MUT3, but dealers want $$ for the privilege and it means not having the car for a couple of days, when it could simply be done over a charging cycle
I didn't understand, do you want to reset the data?
or to have the battery recalculate its capacity?
I tried to make them recalculate the capacity , but I didn't really understand how to enter this mode , I need to activate this function, but I didn't understand in what state of charge. you can add it , it's not a problem, you need a little time and then check on an electric car , everything seems to be simple , but it's not as it seems at first glance , although everything is possible if you are smart.
and also, since we have a good person and at the same time is the developer of this software, I think it's real.

taking into account the fact that for today I think this is the most adequate application with good functionality for our cars)

I have a Bluetooth veepeek obd2. I was able to reset engine code with Hobdrive using android device. I was have difficulty getting it to recognize obd2 with IOS.

OBDzero worked great with it. Didn’t see an option for engine codes or to reset them. You do see all the voltages of each battery etc though.

Car scanner I was able to read engine code but it wasn’t able to reset it. I got an error message something about not compatible and only basic functionality was available.

Hope this helps!

Back