An Ev Car or Motorcycle?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video. Thanks for sharing. This electric car/motor cycle looks great but the it is so expensive. People just don't like cars that small. They want something that is comfortable, reliable and easy to use. I guess unstable at curves unless they make it significantly lower.

I think its a great idea! I've been watching this one for awhile. The good thing is that is has the 'lean', all motorcycle riders knows what this means. It basically means that a single track vehicle to make a turn, needs to use centrifugal force and countersteering to get the bike to heal over into the turn and make a smooth transition through the curve. This is where I feel the CanAm Spider makes a big mistake in its design, it doesn't lean. I've ridden one of these things and the curves were the scariest thing I've ever encountered in a moving vehicle, because I felt the bike was trying to throw me off the seat. Whereas, with a motorcycle that leans into the curve, the centrifugal force presses the rider into the seat and the bike into the road to provide a great amount of stability resulting in a natural and fluid motion. This is what motorcyclist live for, is that nirvahna of motion, succesfully navigating a curve with a great amount of speed and control.

Sadly, as sjumani123 mentions - the masses won't take to this vehicle, not in North America where driving 'what ya' want', 'when ya' want ta'','at any cost' is the name of the driving game. If Romney gets elected, he'll do what he can to destroy any of these projects. A scary future for sure.

But, if I had the spare change or won the lottery - this would definitely be a vehicle in my garage. What a blast to ride/drive something like this.

Back