Dunlop Availability / Price

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogMan12

Hi All - I want to stick with the OEM Dunlops. I have 21000 miles on the original set, and the wear is very good. I can likely get almost two more years out of these. However, I am nervous about the Enasaves in these sizes remaining available.

Onlinetires.com has them for $235 for the front pair and $251 for the rears. $58 shipping. $544 in the door. Has anyone found a better price?

DogMan12 said:
Onlinetires.com has them for $235 for the front pair and $251 for the rears. $58 shipping. $544 in the door. Has anyone found a better price?
It looks like onlinetires.com has the lowest overall price. I ordered my Dunlop Enasave's from tirerack.com and they were just under $600 with shipping.

I very recently replaced all six of the Yokohamas on two of my i-MiEVs (long story, will post separately). The outlandish price per pair (including balancing):

Dunlop ENASAVE01 A/S 175/60R15 (rear) $420.52
Dunlop ENASAVE01 A/S 145/65R15 (front) $306.29

Dang, tires are the most expensive operating cost item of my i-MiEVs :x edit: In my case, 3.2¢/mi for 23,000 miles

"ENASAVE01 A/S" is directly off the bill. I don't know what "01" nor "A/S" means.

The local shop was able to get them within three days.

At least they're quieter than the Yokohama ENVigors. Currently running at 44psi.

Damn, I just noticed as I was reading the statement that for the larger tires they charged me $7.98 (for two tires) for Nitrogen which I had not asked for and didn't notice when I was paying the bill.

I just replaced my two fronts with Dunlops for about $340 instaled. it took about 5 days for the tires to come in though. Very unusual to wait more than a day for delivery of any tire in my area. I just went to my local mechanic.

That delay makes me think that at least inventory is not high or well-distributed. thanks.

Quick-Lane (which is inside our Ford dealership) makes a price-match guarantee. I am going to ask them if that includes online prices.

Has anyone else bought these Dunlops ahead and stored them? Am I too worried?

Looking at my alloy wheels, I see weights (factory) welded on the inside "flat" surface. It does not appear that the outer rim would accept weights.

Has anyone gotten a balance after new tires? How was it done? Does the inside rim take weights?

Might check the junkyard interchanges. I've not had luck finding where many of the salvage auction i-MiEV wound up, but did manage to buy one zero mile set of tires on steel rims from a flooded car, so I have not bought tires on the open market yet. EVen though the salvage tires are now three years old, I'll use them up before they age out. My original tires are now the "summer set", and surprisingly- have one more summer left in 'em. I thought they'd be done by now.

DogMan12 said:
Hi All - I want to stick with the OEM Dunlops. I have 21000 miles on the original set, and the wear is very good. I can likely get almost two more years out of these. However, I am nervous about the Enasaves in these sizes remaining available.

I went to my local walmart. They quoted for the actual OEM Dunlops: $91/ea for front, $102/ea for rear, $10/ea for install, $10/ea for insurance (if wanted --- basically free flat repair). So that's about $426 w/o insurance. And there's a 6% tax on top of that (maybe not on the labor). They need 7 days to get the tire in. Sometimes Walmart surprises me.

BarryP said:
I went to my local walmart. They quoted for the actual OEM Dunlops: $91/ea for front, $102/ea for rear, $10/ea for install, $10/ea for insurance (if wanted --- basically free flat repair). So that's about $426 w/o insurance. And there's a 6% tax on top of that (maybe not on the labor). They need 7 days to get the tire in. Sometimes Walmart surprises me.

I can't find them on their website. Did you go in and ask? That is a good price. I may get them and then hold them till I need it.

tigger19687 said:
I can't find them on their website. Did you go in and ask? That is a good price. I may get them and then hold them till I need it.
Yes. That is correct. You have to go in. They printed me out a price quote and said it's good for 30 days. I want to put new tires on before snow hits. New OEM tires work very well in the winter here.
My plan is to hang on to the old tires and put them back on in April. And thus hang on the newer tires for winter use.
-Barry

Well if I could do business with Wal-Mart, that is a good price. It's a good price because they treat employees like I could not.

Anyway - the good news is that Americaswheel.com got fronts and rears in for $530 delivered. Should be here Monday. Do I know how Americaswheel treats its employees? No.

Just bought two front tires for Moto, inside edges on both tires were threadbare after 23,361 miles.
Took my local shop a week to bring them in from out-of-state. Evidently had a hard time finding them.
Prices for two tires:

• Dunlop ENASAVE 145/65R15 $264.00
    Tire Valve Stem / TPMS Core $7.00
    Wheel Balancing $28.00
    Wheel Weights $2.00
    State Tire Fee $3.50
    Tire Disposal Fee $7.50
    State Sales Tax $23.89
    TOTAL $335.89
Exorbitant, IMO.
Roughly 2¢/mile for four tires.

I took the wheels off the car and took them to the dealer.
Did my own brake/suspension inspection at the same time.

After slipping around a bit in our first decent rain of the season today I thought I'd get a quote from my local tire shop. First, I endured a really hard-sell regarding wheel alignment (the salesguy hadn't even looked at the car's tires to check the wear patterns), and then he looked up the tires and came in at around $940 installed for four Dunlop ENASAVE 145/65R15, but then he did apologize when I pointed out that only two are that size. The price went up even further when he checked the price on the larger rear tires and then he tried to sell me on additional road-hazard coverage and he mentioned something about having six tires at his distributor's warehouse, but by then I wasn't listening...

As I was making the airbag recall appointment with Mitsubishi Service for Mitti, just out of curiosity I asked how much they would charge for a set of tires for the i-MiEV. I had just received a Mitsubishi flyer for all those ICE discounts but which includes a free alignment if I buy four tires from them.

Are you sitting down? :!: :shock: :evil:

$1180

From an outfit called BestUsedTires.com I bought the following brand new tires with free shipping:

Four 145/65R15 Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires for $193.91

Four 175/60R15 Dunlop Enasave for $289.08

My impression is that these tires were residuals they were trying to get rid of which is why their attractive price and they only had four of each.

Optimistically, I figure the snow tires would also be good wet-weather tires (hopefully we'll get some more rain this winter, despite the present 70degF temps and nothing wet forecast for the next few weeks...). Hey, if they last 10K miles I'll consider them worth it.

From reading the sidewalls, the Blizzaks are five years old and the Enasaves are three years old. Brand new with stickers still on them and no sign that they were ever stored outdoors.

Today I had one complete set of wheels/tires mounted and balanced and new seals for the TPMS for $133.71 (includes tax and tire disposal fee). I brought them the wheels loose.

Bottom line, for a set of i-MiEV tires with mounting/balancing I paid $96.95 + $144.54 + $133.71 = $375.20

The local tire outfit (Wheel Works) gave me a pretty compelling argument as to why I should buy a $7 TPMS kit (for each tire) from them - they prefer to unscrew the nut holding the TPMS valve stem and let the sensor drop into the tire prior to removing the tire from the rim for fear of damaging the TPMS during the tire removal. Sounded fishy, but what do I know?

I presently have my i-MiEV up on jackstands and plan on bleeding the brakes and changing the transmission oil and having a serious look-around while under the car, so it'll be a day or so before I find out just how bad those Blizzaks are (the i-MiEV I picked up for my buddy had them and all I remember is they were noisy, but mileage was ok).

So, I now still have a set of tires for the other i-MiEV sitting in my garage. I guess I won't be doing the Mini wheel conversion just yet.

BTW, WheelWorks said they would not mount the tires if they were used. Just out of curiosity, I asked them what they would have charged for a set of Enasaves and their starting tire price was 'around' $160 each, plus the mounting and balancing etc.

Good score Joe, and no doubt you’ll wear them out before they age out! I recently got an Enasave quote of $140+ per tire at the dealership, in line with the best online pricing.

Back