Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PV1 said:
It's there. OVMS reads the car's CANBus, and it includes charger temp, motor temp, and an averaged battery temp.
Hello!

caniOn is only listening to the can-bus - no can-commands. Till now we do not find these temps. I suppose OVMS is sending can-commands to get this information.

Martin

PV1 said:
Sorry. I was trying to see if there was a legitimate incompatibility with CaniOn and Ben's tablet ...
Hello!

Please remove the download share. It's public to all.

Martin

I have my OVMS module set to read only. It does not send any commands as far as I know.

Perhaps looking at their source code will reveal which PIDs this data is contained in.

Http://openvehicles.com

me68 said:
Hello! Release 136 has finished and is available for testing....
Martin and Xavier, thank you for continuing your fantastic CaniOn development. Love the programmability aspect of being able to display the data I am interested in, and I need to understand the nuances of Android so as to preserve the data during an extended trip when Android input power gets shut off. For now, I've taken to keeping my tablet always ON during the longer trips via an external battery pack.

Presently I am unable to drive for a few weeks, but as soon as I get back on my feet I'm looking forward to playing with your next release. I still have not spent the time necessary to understand the various data and display capture options - you're overwhelming us with good stuff! :geek:

From the ES-Radio thread, from PriusFan:
priusfan said:
howieb said:
.....- Lots to learn about CanION. Showing "Random" values for the battery levels (at least that's what they overlay says). I'm wondering if that will go away at some point. I'll have to read up in the CanION thread....
Hi,
Mitsu changed the batteries in 2015. It is impossible now for canion go get individual Temps & Volts....
Somehow, I missed this one. Does that mean that CaniOn has a problem with the 2016 North American i-MiEVs?

Probably yes, We had the feedback from Japan.
A japanese canion's user sent us some detailed logs. the CanBus messages are the same, but the content is empty for these specific infos. (only individual batt's V & T).
Xavier

That's nasty. It's probably not down to batteries, but the software in the vehicle - BMS perhaps. Hopefully they don't roll out a software update that would disable the information for all models. I definitely won't allow another software update on mine unless they can point out a good reason for it. At least they can't do that remotely like with another EV company, you know the one which has five letters and starts with a T.

Theoretically if they came out with a software update which would include a safety related fix it might actually become compulsory and the car wouldn't pass inspection without it here in Euroland. This came to light with the recent VW scandal - when they do come out with a fix which includes a software update you have to take your VW diesel in or you won't be allowed to drive it. Which in the case of the polluting diesels is only a good thing.

priusfan said:
Probably yes, We had the feedback from Japan.
A japanese canion's user sent us some detailed logs. the CanBus messages are the same, but the content is empty for these specific infos. (only individual batt's V & T).
Xavier
Hello Xavier!

That's right, but it was the Model M with the 10.5kWh battery, which is available in Japan only.

Martin

PV1 said:
jsantala said:
offgridQLD said:
Ok I assumed so considering the word (heater). I wonder if the motor and motor controller temps could be sniffed out. It would be more useful data than Heater water temps.
That information is not available via CAN, I think.
It's there. OVMS reads the car's CANBus, and it includes charger temp, motor temp, and an averaged battery temp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgk2a3hjfawb7ru/Screenshot_2015-11-07-20-00-11.png?dl=0

From another CAN thread here (http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16771#p16771), a spreadsheet was posted with the PID information used for the data shown in the OVMS app. This lists where the motor and charger temps are located.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m36u0j905xgfi6a/i-Miev%20CAN-PID.xlsx

Given that CANion has difficulty with the 10.5 kWh Miev, does that mean it won't work on the 14.5 kWh C-Zero (which only has 80 cells) versus the "normal" 16 kWh battery with 88 cells?
D

Hello!

Release 136 is now published.

With this release you can view caniOn-data in realtime on a second device via internet-connection. Your are able f.e. to check charging state from inside a restaurant or have a look on panel 'Maps' where the car is driving at this moment.

Use case 'check charging state':

Just enable option 'CarState' with a fitting intervall, store your e-mail-address as unique identifier for the caniOn-database in the cloud, so caniOn-data are uploaded. 'http Sync Shared' is used for caniOn-Web-Server. You can also use your own web-server, just enter the URL at 'http Sync'.

02.png

03.png

The green box shows the timestamp from last uploading data.

Just enable 'RemoteView' on the second device in your pocket to download caniOn-data from the caniOn-database.

04.png

05.png

The green box shows the timestamp from last download. Instead of fps there is the timestamp of downloaded caniOn-data.

On using encryption, copy unique /sdcard/bt_can/SecretKey4CarState.txt from one device to the other, so both devices use the same secret key.

Have a nice time with the new features!

Martin :)

It's very easy to connect to another cell phone.
You made an excellent work cause it's very important to check batt percentage online

Great - this is a functionality I have been looking for.

Another thing - I once in a while get very big problems with Bluetooth connectivity om my Samsung Tablet.
I had problems yesterday - first it would only connect for a few minutes, then the Tablet was not able to locate the OBD adapter - even if I reset it and took it out and put it back in.

I solved the problem by deleting the BTCAN folder and downloading the new Canion.

Anybody know why this problem occur? Is it the BTCAN folder that grows too large?

I have a problem on the Moto G that causes the phone to somehow screw up it's pairing with the OBDLink. It happens more or less randomly, but if I leave CaniOn running while the car is off (no CAN traffic) it's more likely to happen than not. The sympton is that CaniOn fails to connect with the adapter. The remedy is to unpair OBDLink and the pair it again. After that everything works again. It's not a new problem though and quite possibly not CaniOn's fault anyway.

I have that from time to time with my head unit. It doesn't like to stay paired and connected with no CAN traffic.

Iam having a problem with canion new version.
I have 6 android devices at home and 135 version works fine in all 6. With the new version only 2 can pair with canion, the best phone I have and the worst phone... Hehe

I even made factory reset, deleted all data and installed again and still don't work. Anyone had same problem with new version....?

Still the best version ever with remote control... Very nice feature

I cannot get Canion to retain the "My Trip Timer" panel settings. I go in and customize My Trip Timer with the stats I want to see and in the order I wish to see them. It works just fine until I close out of Canion. When I close out and then later reopen Canion, not only are my custom settings gone, but the entire "My Trip Time" panel has been removed! I have to constantly go back under settings, checkmark the Mt Trip Timer panel, and then go back in and customize the panel with all my settings.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that is erasing my custom settings? How do I make Canion retain my settings? I want My Trip Timer to be the default screen I see whenever I start Canion.

Thanks,
Robb

How are you closing CaniOn? Do you press the back button, then say yes to close CaniOn, or do you just hit the Home button?

Maybe try to open CaniOn, make your setting changes, then press the back button and exit CaniOn. Do this away from the car so that the OBDLink doesn't connect. Then re-open it and see if the settings stick.

Back