Which Level 2 charge station to get for home?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this time, the Bosch Power Max 16 Amp is probably the best bargain for the MiEV for a permanently mounted Level 2 EVSE.
It will save on installation cost, since it only requires a 20 amp circuit breaker.
The 16 Amp Bosch Power Max will charge the MiEV at its maximum Level 2 capacity, but it is basic with no charge delay and only a 12' cord.
The prices for Level 2 EVSE's have really gone down. This Bosch is less than half of the cost I payed for my EVSE two years ago.

Oh8lNnm.png

The advantages of a permanently mounted Level 2 EVSE for the MiEV include being able to preheat in the winter (a must for anyone living in cold climates), and a breakaway cord system. Electrical cords are a documented tripping hazard. Believe it or not, there are thousands of hospital emergency room visits every year in the US just from people getting injured tripping over electrical cords.

fjpod said:
I was hoping to buy this one, but the 12 foot cord was a deal breaker for me.
There is also the Clipper Creek LCS-20 with a 22' cord.

VpTrLGh.png

To make a nicer installation, you can get the wall mount connector holster.

XTSsFn6.png

You must buy these directly from Clipper Creek and pay for shipping.

Here's an installation of the Clipper Creek High Power EVSE with the wall mount connector holster.

0N1CxKV.jpg

fjpod said:
I was hoping to buy this one, but the 12 foot cord was a deal breaker for me.
I mounted both of my EVSE's to the wall about 24 inches from where the charge port on the car is when it's parked . . . . and then I ran the 120/240 volt wiring to that location. I use only about 3 feet of cord, which is nice because it never touches the ground

Don

Back