Anyone Get a Home Inspection in the US?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeler

I received the e-mail inviting me to have a free home inspection about 9 days ago. After fishing it out of my Spam folder, I am scheduled on Oct. 11th.

I already have an EVSE in my garage that will work, but apparently I need to get a home inspection anyway after confirming that on the phone with Mitsubishi. They weren't sure that the Aerovironment EVSE-RS model I have would work saying something about an Eaton EVSE . . . blah, blah.

Since it is a free inspection, I really don't care.

Let us know how it goes!

I received an email about a home inspection but was gone on vacation, so now that we're back I have to contact them to see about getting a new home inspection date. I wonder what they are looking for - and will it affect my ability to get a Mitsubishi i-Miev? Or will it just affect what sort of charger I can get, or maybe even what government grants I am able to apply for?

I received a Customer Disclosure Form from the dealer to sign. It says: "All Mitsubishi "i" buyers are required to order a site survey from the Best Buy Geek Squad in order to verify the suitability fo the electrical system in their residence for charging."

reeler said:
I received a Customer Disclosure Form from the dealer to sign. It says: "All Mitsubishi "i" buyers are required to order a site survey from the Best Buy Geek Squad in order to verify the suitability fo the electrical system in their residence for charging."

For myself & Rick - we both live on another island from O'ahu where the 'Best Buy' Geek Squad are. Makes it tough for inspection and information in general. I don't believe they have considered the scenario's of 'outer islanders' purchasing the Mitsubishi i's.

I'm not on an island, but I live about 100 miles from the nearest Best Buy - I guess maybe that's another reason they are rolling out the Mitsubishi i-Miev in high-populous areas... or actually maybe it's the other way around, and they decided they could allow the Geek Squad to install the Mitsubishi i-Miev chargers because their is a Best Buy near all the large cities.

Back