Wheel speed sensor

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martig

I had the front right wheel bearing replaced and the ABS sensor was damaged during the procedure.
So now I’m looking for a new one. The OEM part costs over 200 €. I would like something cheaper, but I have not managed to find a compatible third party sensor.
I’m wondering if Mitsubishi used the same sensor on other cars also.
Mitsubishi part number: 4670A541

Any advice would be appreciated.

martig, I went looking for this part, but it is identified as a Left-Front and not Right-Front ABS sensor. Which is it?

Yes, the MSRP price of US$343.13 seems outlandish, even if we can get it a bit cheaper at US$247.05 from this outfit here in the US:
https://www.mitsubishiautopartsdirect.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-sensor-front-abs-left-hand-4670a541
I see that they identify it as a replacement for part number 4670A019
I tried eBay and a whole bunch of inexpensive (US$13) parts showed up for that query for older Mitsu cars but with a slightly different part number and my cursory search couldn't find a clear-cut part number cross-reference to our i-MiEV.
I'd simply let my fingers do the walking through various used-part suppliers.
Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help.

I'm following this as I suspect an intermittent error in a front wheel sensor. No codes thrown, but the ASC will kick in on long sweeper turns at highway speed! This was first reported by my wife, a most sedate driver, but she puts on most of the MiEV miles these daze. Took me a while to replicate it, but sure 'nuff- with deep tread Enasaves, sidewall max inflation front and rear on dry pavement, the effect is most disheartening. It's been happening once or twice per 1000 miles.

My understanding is that the left and right are the same.

I guess I’ll have to see if I can find a second hand sensor locally.

According to this site Bosch and TRW also made this sensor, but I have not been able to find the actual products anywhere —> https://partinfo.org/mitsubishi-4670a541/

jray3 said:
I'm following this as I suspect an intermittent error in a front wheel sensor. No codes thrown, but the ASC will kick in on long sweeper turns at highway speed! This was first reported by my wife, a most sedate driver, but she puts on most of the MiEV miles these daze. Took me a while to replicate it, but sure 'nuff- with deep tread Enasaves, sidewall max inflation front and rear on dry pavement, the effect is most disheartening. It's been happening once or twice per 1000 miles.
Hi Jay. ASC kicking in on sweeping downhill turns is normal, and can be triggered by even a slight irregularity in the road surface. Disconcerting, for sure. By my house CalTrans is finally resurfacing the freeway onramp which I hit with my i-MiEV floored on the final curve in order to merge with traffic but the surface was so awful that ASC would kick in and it would take quite a few agonizing seconds before full power got restored.

Back on topic, just another link confirming your part number -
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/4670a019

martig, good luck with your quest.

Hei. Maybe it helps, I just replaced a wheel speed sensor (rear left), and used a DELPHI product that was meant for Alfa Romeo :D and it costs only 15€
Part nr: DELPHI 20638

560111 ERA
21.0141 FACET
78433 FAE
0 265 007 544
0 265 008 007
AB-EU385
90029 MEAT&DORIA
0900410 METZGER
0900895 METZGER
XABS597 QUINTON HAZELL
V24-72-0209 VEMO

It's almost plug-and-play. The plug fits 1:1, but you have to use a bigger washer to install
the sensor, because the bolt hole is 90 degrees wrong direction :D So be careful to install it like the old one.
Also, it comes with a little longer wire.
See the pictures
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HOKsx9-5b8MEfzasZ4gvlEU8JhcJLqY5/view?usp=sharing

EF600, wonderful! Thank you so much for contributing to our knowledge base as this will be a valuable reference in the future.

I have a dumb question: unless it is visibly physically damaged, how does one determine which wheel sensor is the culprit?

JoeS said:
EF600, wonderful! Thank you so much for contributing to our knowledge base as this will be a valuable reference in the future.

I have a dumb question: unless it is visibly physically damaged, how does one determine which wheel sensor is the culprit?

Usually, they are not damaged physically. The easiest way is to use diagnostic tools and then measure the resistance of the sensor, which is faulty DTC. And usually, they don't have resistance anymore.

EF600 said:
Hei. Maybe it helps, I just replaced a wheel speed sensor (rear left), and used a DELPHI product that was meant for Alfa Romeo :D and it costs only 15€
Part nr: DELPHI 20638

560111 ERA
21.0141 FACET
78433 FAE
0 265 007 544
0 265 008 007
AB-EU385
90029 MEAT&DORIA
0900410 METZGER
0900895 METZGER
XABS597 QUINTON HAZELL
V24-72-0209 VEMO

It's almost plug-and-play. The plug fits 1:1, but you have to use a bigger washer to install
the sensor, because the bolt hole is 90 degrees wrong direction :D So be careful to install it like the old one.
Also, it comes with a little longer wire.
See the pictures
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HOKsx9-5b8MEfzasZ4gvlEU8JhcJLqY5/view?usp=sharing

That's great. As far as I understand the front sensors have a different shape than the rear. I need to replace one of the front wheel bearings. I hope I can remove the sensor without trouble.

EDIT: When looking at the product pictures I realised it would probably fit the front because the bolt hole is also in the right place.

Hi all,

Just to add that I followed the above advice, picking up the DELPHI 20638 from autodoc for about £20 (minus postage), and it seems to be reading perfectly - so many thanks!

Back