Back Seat Lever

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centex

My 2012 iMiev, the back seat lever on the left side will not adjust the angle of the back seat rest. There is not enough room to back out the screw holding the adjustment lever. Has anyone come up with a work around for this?

Thanks

The seat back adjustment levers can be a bit . . . . tricky - Especially if you're not used to using them on a regular basis. Over the years, I've *thought* several times that one or more of mine were faulty too, and I can't tell you how many times my wife couldn't get the seat backs up or down and called me to help

Have you broken the lever and want to take the screw out to replace it? When they get finicky, I've worried dozens of times about breaking a lever . . . . until I calm down and more gently fiddled with it, which always ends up getting them to work. The adjustment mechanism isn't one of Mitsu's more stellar engineering accomplishments, IMO

Good luck with yours - Wish I could be more help

Don

If you pull out the rear seat bottom (up at the front, then pull forward) the seat back hinges can be unbolted for servicing the mechanism. Also a good time to inspect the flat tire kit. If the seat back tilt mechanism is broken, I have a full rear seat in brown, and one in black.

Speaking of seat levers, has anyone been able to use the seat height adjusting lever? I've read somewhere that it was for adjusting your seat height although, I never did get mine to work. The only good thing is I like where my seat height is now so no complaints there.

Yup, we use the driver's seat height lever every time my wife and I switch driving, which has been several times per week for the last 8 years. Pull up for up, push down for down, no problems. No height adjustment for the rear seat, only setback tilt.

I ended up pulling the back seats out in order to get to screw that attaches the lever. Found that the open end of a 10mm wrench fits the flats on the adjuster bar.

Installed the seats and when I have to adjust the seat I use the 10mm wrench, it works. Have not gone by the local Mitsui dealer to see what the new lever would cost.

In time I might see if I can strengthen the lever and get it to work. Not sure if the plastic enlarged and the lever will not engage the bar to adjust the seat. A good project with having to stay at the house.

So . . . . your seat adjuster does work just fine (with the 10mm wrench) and your original problem was . . . . someone got overly aggressive with the lever and broke it?? When the adjuster is being finicky, forcing it doesn't make it work any better, but it can lead to a complicated repair

Don

I am always putting the rear seats up and down and both my levers wore out pretty quickly. I removed the hard-to-get-to screw with a short phillips bit held in visegrips, and then removed the broken lever and left said visegrips permanently on the metal square nub as the new lever.

Back