"1 Year" Service, Dealer Experience

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogMan12

Hi All,

We put our 2012 in service June 9, 2013. About February the little wrench icon light came on, but I waited and eventually it went off. (About July.)

This MiEV was purchased from Appleway Mitsu in Spokane, WA, as they were being rolled up by AutoNation. I never felt like they gave a rat's ass about us once the sale was done. (Sales autospam emails asking if we were still looking, for example.) Plus, they are 160 miles away. So, I called and talked it over with Leskovar Mitsu in Kennewick, WA, 60 miles away. Set up the first service for August 12. Loaded MiEV on a trailer and took her over. In service 14 months and 9,960 miles.

(Question:Note - do images have to be hosted elsewhere to post them here? I have a great one of her on the trailer.)

So we got there and I had a list of questions for the Service Manager. Can I get the alignment specs? Will you check pressures in the A/C system? How much for ES steel wheels? Can you teach me remote operations?

Yes, specs. Any A/C problems? (No), then no, we won't be checking it. Ask Parts about wheels. No, sorry, I've had no training on MiEVs.

We took off in the tow rig and returned in two hours.

Some highlights from the Service Order:

"12,000 Month Service" (Wow, good battery life!)
"Perform Inspections as per Service Manuel" (I always liked Manuel...)
"Cabin Filter Like New. Clean and Reinstall"
"Test Traction Battery Capacity, Pass, No Errors" (Um, voltage and Ah results...?)

Fluids, 12V Battery, Brakes all good, "No Concerns Found"

They also attached their standard "27 Point Vehicle Inspection Report" which is not really MiEV oriented. All OK or Satisfactory, they filled the Washer Fluid.

Finally, some actual data: 12V Batt Cranking Amps Spec - 272, Test Actual - 306.
Check Tires: 7/32 or greater all around.

I asked about a Traction Battery test report, and he said "we don't have a printer for that machine." (?)

All in all, some good information, less than I wanted, and a lingering feeling that they may not have really tested the big batt. But, they only charged me $20 and tax.

ES steelies would run $566 plus tax.

I have the alignment specs if anyone is interested, and please let me know about posting an image.

DogMan12, thank you for the report. The most honest part of the service is that they merely removed and cleaned your cabin air filter instead of selling you a new one. Too bad they didn't give you a battery assessment report, as we're always curious to see what Mitsubishi considers a formal report. All those inspections for a total of $20 is a bargain, as simply trailering there and back undoubtedly cost more.

Yes, would like to see a picture of your i-MiEV on a trailer. Posting on this forum - have a look at this link: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1626. Basically, you encase the link to your picture with the img function (in brackets), and the image shows up, but you have to have it available somewhere on the Web.

You might start a new thread with the title of Wheel Alignment Specs and post there - it'll be easier to find that way.

As far as using the Remote - do practice using it with the Mitsu EVSE, as it often fails to work with some L2 EVSEs.

Thanks. Here she is, ready to go to the doctor:

MiEVLoaded.jpg

I plan to call the dealer again and if possible talk to the tech that did the work, and see what he may have saved from the "battery test," if anything. I did finally after haranguing Appleway, get a print out of the test they did before delivery. I had to ask several times before delivery for that to be done, and then several times after to get the info.

Re: the selling dealer. I guess I am old school, I expected that once I was a buying customer, their Service and Sales departments would know it. That records of my vehicle would be handy to Service, and that communications would reflect the knowledge that I was a client. Like I said, old school.

The bottom line is that she is basically flawless at 10k. And tire wear is excellent, maybe 25% at 10k on the OEM tires. Yay!

I'll work on a post for the alignment specs.

DogMan12 said:
So, I called and talked it over with Leskovar Mitsu in Kennewick, WA, 60 miles away. Set up the first service for August 12. Loaded MiEV on a trailer and took her over.
I'm curious why you decided not to drive the 60 miles to the dealer. Under most conditions, an i-MiEV can easily be driving 60 miles on a full charge.

A couple reasons: the distance from home is actually more like 70 miles. At freeway speed in the heat (A/C on) that is too close for comfort. I have gotten 70 keeping it under 45 mph. Also, once there, it would require at least 8 hours Level II charging. I hate that town and 6 extra hours there would be unbearable. :(

Back