Gen2 OBC and DCDC pictures

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

Many thanks to JoeS for making this possible,

Cover and label with new style connector to the MCU,
jQdNPWE.jpg

underneath the top cover, the OBC is in the upper plenum,
h4jUeVu.jpg

underneath the bottom cover, the AC Input EMI filter and DCDC converter in bottom plenum,
sqlFxfr.jpg

DCDC converter, more input wires to CN601 plus microcontroller plus bigger fuse,
eXQmAOv.jpg

8LTmKv.jpg

akFVPl.jpg

iR8pJ9.jpg

0OtzzX.jpg

Sdtq5W.jpg

I decided to add here photos of another second generation on-board charger. Maybe someone needs numbers and dates. And along with this I have a chattering request. Maybe someone has CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS for 2014? I need to trace the entire circuit from signal pins j1772 to pin number 5 of CN 101 on the top charger board (OBC, photo number 4). I would be very grateful for any information. P.S. This is the HLDD grade, i.e. Lithium Titanate battery 10.5 kWh.

i don't know if this is what you were looking for, but the J1172 EVVSE port/connector pin 3 is supposed to run the Pin 9 of the E-03 connector at the OBC. It may change wire color at the connector, you will have to check and verify that because i don't have a 2014 to look at. But it will be a gray wire going into the feedthrough and on to the CN101 connector pin 5 on the top board of your picture.

This was drawn up in the schematics post #3 of the OBC thread.
https://i.imgur.com/j8KrMsT.png

Are you having errors, or what is your project?

kiev said:
i don't know if this is what you were looking for, but the J1172 EVVSE port/connector pin 3 is supposed to run the Pin 9 of the E-03 connector at the OBC. It may change wire color at the connector, you will have to check and verify that because i don't have a 2014 to look at. But it will be a gray wire going into the feedthrough and on to the CN101 connector pin 5 on the top board of your picture.

This was drawn up in the schematics post #3 of the OBC thread.
https://i.imgur.com/j8KrMsT.png

Are you having errors, or what is your project?

Thank you very much for the information! But all the same, we need the 2014 scheme. Judging by the appearance, there are many differences. There is no project. There is stupidity of the owners of the car. The car came from Japan to Russia without a charging cable. In an attempt to charge the car, the new owner applied 220 volts AC to the signal contacts of J1772. Now the machine does not turn on and there is an exploded SMD element on the top OBC board. There is a P1B2A error that cannot be removed. P1B2A - Regular charging connection signal, short to earth.

Oh no, that's too bad. i see the damage now that you mentioned it--was there any visible damage on the bottom layer of the small control board? The damage looks to be between pin 5, which is the pilot signal from the EVVSE connector, and pin 6, which is ground. So maybe it just arced over at the connector and didn't really get into the board. If they put the other leg of the 220vac on pin 4 of the J_1772, then that would cause an arc over in the EVECU.

Does the car start to READY--the EVECU located under the rear seat could be damaged depending upon which wires were connected to the 220vac.

Yes, it is clear that EV-ECU is seriously damaged. 220vac were applied between the two signal contacts J772. I haven't looked there yet. Hopefully this block has the same design as the 2012 EVECU. Another question arose. EV-ECU for Lithium Ion and Lithium Titanate batteries will be different?

i don't know for sure, but from the limited [OBC,DCDC, MCU] electronics boards that i have been able to compare, they have changed the circuit boards to a different design. i have posted pictures of the EVECU and BMU boards on this forum somewhere. The functions and the wiring harness may be the same or very close such that there is some interchange possible, but it is not clear to me.

The EV-ECU is the master controller for the whole car and it is tied to a specific VIN, so any replacement needs the programming of the MUT-3 tool to enter the proper value. But it also holds the DTCs and if you are able to read those, then it would indicate some functionality still exists. So maybe the internal damage is limited and repairable?

Let me know what you need for component identification and circuit tracing for the OBC and i'll help you there; i don't have a 2014 EV-ECU, but if you post hi-res pictures we might be able to do some good there too.

kiev said:
i don't know for sure, but from the limited [OBC,DCDC, MCU] electronics boards that i have been able to compare, they have changed the circuit boards to a different design. i have posted pictures of the EVECU and BMU boards on this forum somewhere. The functions and the wiring harness may be the same or very close such that there is some interchange possible, but it is not clear to me.

The EV-ECU is the master controller for the whole car and it is tied to a specific VIN, so any replacement needs the programming of the MUT-3 tool to enter the proper value. But it also holds the DTCs and if you are able to read those, then it would indicate some functionality still exists. So maybe the internal damage is limited and repairable?

Let me know what you need for component identification and circuit tracing for the OBC and i'll help you there; i don't have a 2014 EV-ECU, but if you post hi-res pictures we might be able to do some good there too.

Thank you very much for your help! I will take photos with good resolution after opening the EV-ECU and post them here along with the measurement results. Maybe it makes sense to create a separate topic for this?

P.S. I have not given up trying to find the 2014 circuit, but the probability is not great.

kiev said:
But it also holds the DTCs and if you are able to read those, then it would indicate some functionality still exists. So maybe the internal damage is limited and repairable?

I agree with the assumption that the basic functions of the EV-ECU are retained. Initially, when connecting the diagnostic program, I was able to erase 4 error messages. Most likely they appeared after a dead 12 volt battery. And the most interesting thing is that after that, one new error appeared that can no longer be erased - P1B2A. I assume that this is a short circuit in the EV-ECU.

pmX2SxF0p

pohyINzXp

This is for troubleshooting the DTC P1B2A on a 2012, but may give you some ideas.

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2012/54/html/M154921780001100ENG.HTM

This code is mostly for a situation where the EVECU is not getting the low voltage control signals thru the J_1772; but if the traces are blown at the connector of the EVECU, then no signal can get thru even with a good EVSSE unit, but that may be good for making a repair since the main EVECU functions were hopefully not impacted.

There are resistors either in the J_1772 handle or the chassis of the EVVSE to provide control signals, and if those were blown then this same code would occur. It was not a smart move for someone to connect AC directly to the control signals terminals (low voltage DC circuits).

kiev said:
This is for troubleshooting the DTC P1B2A on a 2012, but may give you some ideas.

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2012/54/html/M154921780001100ENG.HTM

This code is mostly for a situation where the EVECU is not getting the low voltage control signals thru the J_1772; but if the traces are blown at the connector of the EVECU, then no signal can get thru even with a good EVSSE unit, but that may be good for making a repair since the main EVECU functions were hopefully not impacted.

There are resistors either in the J_1772 handle or the chassis of the EVVSE to provide control signals, and if those were blown then this same code would occur. It was not a smart move for someone to connect AC directly to the control signals terminals (low voltage DC circuits).

This is exactly what I expect. I will check the circuit from the J1772 connector to the EV -ECU, and the EV¬ -ECU itself. The input circuits are uniquely destroyed. On the damaged car, when the ACC is turned on, on the signal pins J1772 0 volts, On my, the same serviceable car, on these pins 4.5 vac. When the ACC is off on a working car, the charge of the electrolytic capacitor is traced in the right signal contact G1772 with an ohmmeter. On the injured car, the ohmmeter reads infinity. Explicit open circuit. I assume that there is multiple destruction in the input signal circuit of the G1772.

It is unreasonable, this is a very mild word. I have never met more stupidity. This car – Mitsubishi Minicab MIEV a small business owner bought it specifically to save on fuel. Minicab came from Japan without a charging cable. The owner instructed his workers to charge it. They watched some kind of video on YouTube, and tried to charge ...

Mitsubushi Minicab MIEV 2014 LTO 10,5 kW
I really need a schematic diagram or service manual for Mitsubishi IMIEV 2014.

GmXsQ4.jpg

KlRF1W.jpg

cnLcCE.jpg

0z6va6.jpg

DNg9rL.jpg

BJ2tq6.jpg

KMumgm.jpg

Vxyr1z.jpg

Z4E82R.jpg

WfTZgS.jpg

j6CPL8.jpg

Here's the bottom of the 9499B056 version from 2012. They use the same processor and other chips it seems but different board layout, and there are no reference designators on your board which makes it difficult to keep track of the circuits.

ZZdaXbv.jpg

If they used pins 3 and 4 of the J1772 for the AC, then this might be the shorting path that went thru the boards. The pin "103" seems to be right in the middle of the damaged area.

gHHCrp2.png

kiev said:
Here's the bottom of the 9499B056 version from 2012. They use the same processor and other chips it seems but different board layout, and there are no reference designators on your board which makes it difficult to keep track of the circuits.

ZZdaXbv.jpg

If they used pins 3 and 4 of the J1772 for the AC, then this might be the shorting path that went thru the boards. The pin "103" seems to be right in the middle of the damaged area.

gHHCrp2.png

Thank you very much for your help!
I have already found a trace to the pins you specified on the connectors using a multimeter. Everything is as in your picture. From which I conclude that the wiring in 2014 is the same as in 2012.

lG4aEW.jpg

In the area of damage to the board, I found two resistors with a resistance of 5 and 8 megohms. One is labeled 301. As I understand it, 300 ohms. It's right? On the second resistor, the marking is destroyed by the arc. The tracks of the board have not been sold. Apparently they were saved by a layer of varnish. So far, I have not found any other damaged elements. Tomorrow I will solder a 300 ohm resistor and a 50 kilo ohm potentiometer instead of the one on which the marking is destroyed. I washed off the varnish with soot residues with alcohol. I could not detect a short circuit in the signal circuit J1772, which is written in the error code.

Yes if it is marked "301", that would be 300 Ohms. On my board the resistor toward the top is marked 331, 330 Ohms, and it connects to a 472 resistor to the output of either a dual diode or a transistor (3-terminal smd). It appears similar to what i see on your board.

i suspect that maybe the damage is internal to the board, in that the AC punched thru the top layer down to a ground plane. The same thing may have happened in the OBC. The current was trying to find a path and used the chassis ground and ground planes in the boards to complete the circuit. But if it jumped across a small capacitor then it could just be superficial damage. Good luck and hope it is minor damage that can be repaired.

With AC on the control pins, the components that would bear the brunt of the current would be a 330Ω resistor, a 2.74 kΩ resistor, and a diode. Possibly also a 1.3 kΩ resistor. The diode can be any silicon diode; a 1N4004 equivalent would be fine and the 400 V rating would help prevent charging faults that are not uncommon with this diode. From the Wikipedia J1772 page:

RATyVKi.png

Back