Diagnostic battery before buy

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dracekvo

Hello,

I want buy Citroen C-Zero 2012 with 28 000 km.
But I have one question.
Is it way how to check detail of battery? Health, min, max cells voltage. I have only cheap bluetooth adaptor OBD2 (ELM 327), or USB VAG OBD-II kabel kkl. Can I use that, or I need only ODBlink XL or similar?

Thx a lot.

I have the same question as I have found 2 models (2012) to consider for purchase. I am in the US and have an old iphone and my daughter has a newer iphone (if one needs the internet to check, download an app, etc.).

I considered a week ago or so, got freaked out that I would be the one who would get a 'lemon', but then figured ICE cars can have just as much if not more 'electrical module' issues these days as EV, unless one buys a very old ICE which I am not so keen on because of improved safety (air bags, stability control, etc.), for my 18 year old.

She gets free J charging for four years at university, so it would be stupid NOT to consider the i-MiEV, I think. Need SIMPLE directions on what to look for for control module and battery health, so I don't buy a problem. (Don't expect 100% as new battery life, but don't want something with lot of bad cells.) Also, what does battery re-conditioning costs (renew/replace individual cells)?

Both of these cars have less than 30K miles on them, and both have chademo.

dracekvo said:
Hello,

I want buy Citroen C-Zero 2012 with 28 000 km.
But I have one question.
Is it way how to check detail of battery? Health, min, max cells voltage. I have only cheap bluetooth adaptor OBD2 (ELM 327), or USB VAG OBD-II kabel kkl. Can I use that, or I need only ODBlink XL or similar?

Thx a lot.

The iMiEV is quite fussy about OBD so we recommend the OBDlink LX or MX as the most reliable way to connect to the iMiEV, although some of our users have reported success with cheap clone OBD so worth giving it a try.
Our App EvBatMon (links in the footer below) is available for Android and iOS and will read the health of the battery overall as well as identifying whether individual cells are under stress (temperature or voltage), just like the dealership's service department does.

I can say that EVbatMon works good on my pixel XL with OBDlinkmx.

Canion is virtually unusable on my phone. Connects for a few seconds then disconnects. Does this over and over.

I purchased EVbatMon to check the car I was buying as well. I had no experience or much for knowledge but it showed things that were pretty easy to figure out. Cells were all within .1v and all looked well and I purchased the car.

I have bought a OBD wireless adaptor from amazon and after failing to get Canion to connect and stay connected have tried OBDzero

amazon link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
OBD manual link
https://obdzero.dk/

have now got readings for the batteries and started to read the manual etc to do more tests.
Leave this note to hopefully help others like some of the other posts have lead me in the right direction

Back