charger lead type - silly but stuck

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alviseven

Have just had a AC 7.2Kw home charger fitted and have resisted buying a lead for our car (since it did not come with one) until the charger was fitted. Always assumed that it fitted to the passenger side (UK car) but this seems to be the unused socket and looks to me like a chademo type. Am I right in assuming that this is for the rapid charger type that you see at places like motorway service stations often with a tesla hitched up to them?
The dealer book and all the info I seem to find is that I need a type 1 (car to drivers side) to type 2 (house charger end). However I always assumed that the DC UK plug in charger (which seems to be called a granny charger) was the only thing that plugged into the drivers (UK) side.

Am I right in thinking that the type 1 plug lead will plug into the drivers side and charge from my AC 7.2Kw home charger and then I can use the granny charger when at my mums who has no charger in the same socket.

Before I spend a lot of money on a lead which either then does not fit or is not fit for purpose can anyone confirm if I have sorted this out properly? Only had the car about 3 months and its all new to me.

Festive regards to all and thanks

The charge port on the right side of the car is for Level 1 and 2 AC charging from the mains using the J1772 protocol and connector. This is what you will use at home.

The left side is the High Voltage DC Quick Charging using a big fat Chademo connector.

Back