Steering angle sensor replacement

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mievmiev

My ASC/traction control lights came on. I read the codes and that pointed towards a faulty steering angle sensor.
Bought a used replacement sensor, and that gave a new set of errors. So, then i bought a iCarsoft reader where i can actually see the steering angle values in real-time.

The replacement sensor seems to give no data at all. I then put the original sensor back in, which now gives correct readings.

The sensor itself has lots of numbers written on it, and also a QR-code. The replacement i bought has the same "part number" 8651a134, but thats it.

Is it possible that the sensors needs to be programmed to the car somehow? Or should i expect this to work, and that i actually bought a defective unit?

mievmiev, thanks for your post, which is the first one on this forum regarding the steering angle sensor, if memory serves me. I didn't know we even had a critter like that. Sorry, can't be of help but, speculating, I'd be surprised if it was VIN coded. I'd be inclined to return the one you bought and hope you can get your money back. Good luck, and hope you don't get a repeat.

BTW, it's always fun to know where in the world someone is located, as we occasionally find other i-MiEV owners close to us. You might consider updating your profile... http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3196

Back