2012 I-Miev available in the Bay Area

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed5000

I guess this was inevitable. I now have 3 electric cars so I have to make room by selling one. It's a Labrador black 2012 with quick charge and 22,500 miles. It's in good shape with a couple minor shopping cart dings you would expect for a nine year old car. I'm asking $5k obo.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/hayward-2012-mitsubishi-miev/7317071831.html

I'm just letting you folks here know that I just lowered my price a smidge to $4.2k. I had one person that was interested for a couple days, then... But I've also come to realize that this is an 9 year old car and there have been big advances in new electric cars out there. I guess I was hoping that just one of those fossil fuel drivers would wake up out of their trance and give this one a try.

But then I was driving the car to the store yesterday with my soon to be 14 year old son and he wanted me to take him to an empty lot and let him drive it around. So my new plan B might be to hang onto it for him. I can't think of a better car for a teenage driver. But I'll have to be careful in mothballing the car for a year and a half. Ie; Lowering the fuel gauge to 5 or 6 bars, placing a battery tender on the 12 volt battery, etc. Hmmmm :?: :?: :cool:

For a 2012 in decent shape with only 22K on it that you're having trouble giving away for $4K, I would be finding any excuse I could to just keep it. He'll be 16 before you know it and you'll be out shopping for another car if you let this one go

Don

Don said:
For a 2012 in decent shape with only 22K on it that you're having trouble giving away for $4K, I would be finding any excuse I could to just keep it. He'll be 16 before you know it and you'll be out shopping for another car if you let this one go

Don
In CA here he can get a learner's permit at 15-1/2. It would be nice to keep it under one of those "portable carports" until he could use it.

Btw: I checked the battery ahr on a battery monitor ap and it came back as 36.3. I thought that was good for a 9 year old car.

Seconded. If you have a new driver up and coming in the family, hold onto it if you can. It doesn't go fast, doesn't go far, and it is so easy to drive that it's a perfect learning car. Besides, they'll never ask for gas money ;) , while simultaneously learning how to be responsible by not running out of charge and charging the car when needed.

PV1 said:
Seconded. If you have a new driver up and coming in the family, hold onto it if you can. It doesn't go fast, doesn't go far, and it is so easy to drive that it's a perfect learning car. Besides, they'll never ask for gas money ;) , while simultaneously learning how to be responsible by not running out of charge and charging the car when needed.
Thanks, PV1. I might as well start him out on electric. My other two boys learned on a hybrid. For this one he'll have to go all electric. :mrgreen:

I am debating the same discussion, as there are now 5 EVs in my drive way. My 2014 iMiev has around 25kmiles. My plan is to get all the recalls done this week, then put it on non-op then eventually configure the pack as a house battery for outage back-up and base load shifting. I just cringe each time I see my next door high school neighbor taking their Tundra just to go to the high school or to baseball practice.

The newly announced EVF-150 with a 9.6kw 240vac output is quite intriguing.

pbui19 said:
I am debating the same discussion, as there are now 5 EVs in my drive way. My 2014 iMiev has around 25kmiles. My plan is to get all the recalls done this week, then put it on non-op then eventually configure the pack as a house battery for outage back-up and base load shifting. I just cringe each time I see my next door high school neighbor taking their Tundra just to go to the high school or to baseball practice.

The newly announced EVF-150 with a 9.6kw 240vac output is quite intriguing.
Lol, We have 3 evs and 2 gassers in the driveway but that's not a bad idea to make a powerwall out of one of the evs.

My next door neighbors have 3 almost new quad cab pickup trucks and 2 suvs. One pickup is for dad to commute to work in, one is a sporty high performance race truck for football tailgating, and the newest one has an 8' utility box bed for the son to work out of. That one is super long. Of the suvs one is for the wife, not sure who the last suv is for. When I moved here we had 2 priuses (Prii?) and now 3 electrics.
They have to be thinking we're from outer space. Lol.

Back