OEM Switch to fit the blanks on the center consol on iOn?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

So I'm wanting to put in switch for some new interior lighting and figure a nice way would be to put an OEM on-off switch or even on-off-on (3-way) in one of the blanks in the center consol.

Its for an iOn 2011 model and I can see how on the iOn has got blanks several places on the center consol.
At the buttom near the floor its got a blank right next to a usb port. Anybody knows if there is an OEM switch which fits in there? 2 or 3 way?

Otherwise the iOn has the peugeot-call-botton botton and two blanks on either side of it, top left on the consol. Perhaps this is an other option if there is an OEM switch which exist for this?

I've got some pictures of the blanks I'm refering to however unfamiliar how to attach/put them in here.

I prefer to use OEM stuff to make the install as need as possible.

Thanks.

I drilled out the blanks to fit my switches.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6q56kwdg8h3a3z/20140511_210135.jpg?dl=0

Your best bet might be to find the heated seat switch and see if it can be found in a generic form.

Thanks for input.

Think I will go with using the existing seat heater switch as you mention PV1 or the peugeot button as expecting I will never use it, and rather call for a tow company.

Maybe I will use the Peugeot button for activating the extra battery pack if I learn where to connect its HV terminals. PV1 could you send me a drawing/reference of where to connect the + and - of the 2nd pack so it still charges from the evse and QC?
.. I asked a few more questions on that thread and hope you can get back to me on this. Thanks.

Thanks for the input on sharing photos via an account I am a bit hessitant though. Had prefered to kind of just upload if possible. How does it work with the "Img" botton I am unable to see what I need to do to get the photos on using those anybody keen to share how to?

Dani

Thanks for the input on sharing photos via an account I am a bit hesitant though. Had preferred to kind of just upload if possible. How does it work with the "Img" button I am unable to see what I need to do to get the photos on using those anybody keen to share how to?

The server that hosts this site doesn't allow direct uploading of images. That's actually standard protocol for most online forums. The photos need to be uploaded to another site and linked from there, via the "Img" button function. I tried this with an old Photobucket account and it wouldn't work here on My i-MiEV. One of the other members recommended Imgur and I'm eternally grateful for the tip. You can simply drag/drop images into Imgur (good idea to resize them to around 8 inchs wide and keep file size down to a couple hundred KB at most . . . like you would if you were sending a quick email with a photo) and, before you know it, you've got a free and easy-to-use place to store your online photos.

Here's the step-by-step procedure . . .

1) Open up a browser tab and log onto your My i-MiEV Forum account.

2) Go to the message you're composing a reply to and click the "Img" button at the point of your message where you would want to insert an image.
Note the flashing cursor between the two bracketed "Img" words.

3) Open another browser tab and log onto you Imgur account. Select the upload image you want and edit/copy that photo's dedicated URL.

4) Go back to the tab with the My i-MiEV Forum message and the cursor should still be flashing where you left off.

5) Edit/past and the image's URL will place itself between the bracketed "Img" words. Then submit the message and you'll see the photo image with your words.

Hope this helps . . .

Thanks Benjamin.

So I got the photos to work.

Photos of the blanks I talked about:

m9Fv9hw.jpg

4fVGx78.jpg

Some photos of the lights installed much inspired by PV1's photos.
The lights currently turn on when opening doors/locks/remote.

1vtg6e8.jpg

jg2oZPY.jpg

q10KwFM.jpg

Next a set of Ledrive Fog101 from Osram, which I am currently testing. DRL is on at this point using some 8W and 6W when foglights are on.

kfsFQlC.jpg

Back