Signing paperwork for my new i tonight!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobbW said:
...Once we were ready to head out and about today, we started with a full charge and 79 miles on the RR...
That's excellent! Reflects your careful use of the go-pedal for the last 15 miles.

RobbW said:
... I had about 16 miles left on the RR gauge. I am glad to have the L2 EVSE as I'm still not confident that I'd get enough of a charge each night to keep me going the whole of the next day using the standard L1 EVSE....
16 miles RR means you probably had four bars showing on your fuel gauge. If you plugged in your L1 Mitsu EVSE at 9:00pm then at 9:00am you'd be around 14 bars and probably would normally want to stop charging at that point, anyway. L2 is indeed quite useful for intermediate recharges on busy days ... for example, I had put on >120miles yesterday, painlessly :shock:

RobbW said:
MLucas said:
Now that you are driving it for your daily commuter, how is the mileage working out? How much do you have at the end of the day?

Well, Friday was the first day of commuting with my new i. Starting out the day with nearly a full charge, by the time I got home and tucked her the garage for the night, I had about 16 miles left on the RR gauge. Knowing I was going to have a full day of running around today, I hooked her up to the L2 for the night. Once we were ready to head out and about today, we started with a full charge and 79 miles on the RR.

On a full charge, I should have just enough range for our daily workweek commute and miscellaneous running around. However, I am glad to have the L2 EVSE as I'm still not confident that I'd get enough of a charge each night to keep me going the whole of the next day using the standard L1 EVSE.

That is about my pattern as well. I need the L2 to have a full charge in the morning so I'll have about 3-4 bars remaining at the end of my day. What I do is delay my charge using the EVSE (not the remote) until about three in the morning. By the time I'm ready to go at 8:30 am, the charging has just completed. This way my car doesn't sit on 'full tank' for very long and by the time I get to work at 9:30 (I drive slow, below the speed limit to save on energy) I'm down to about 10 bars sometimes 11 if everything goes my way. It sits in this state for most of the day in a parking garage, out of the elements.

If you need a 'full tank' to get through your day then you'll need to fill everyday like I do. It would be ideal like JoeS and Don suggest to only fill up to 14 bars but that is not practical for everyone. This mimics the Leafs 'Battery Saver' option that only fills the car to 80%.

So far after 1 year I have not seen any range reduction in what I'm doing. My car still hits the same milestones everyday just like it did last year.

Glad to hear the car is working out and you have gotten past the first phases of EV ownership and can now focus on the fun stuff like playing the mileage game - see how efficient you can drive it. Or just plain out let it have it - that's a lot of fun, too. I save that game for weekends when I'm not so concerned about distance.

Back