Request for photos of i-MiEV brake light for 3D modelling project

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iSnowiez

I'm sure you all have probably never gotten something like this before, but I am working on a 3D model of the i-MiEV as a personal project and I need some help. I want to create a realistic texture for the brake light's surface. However, I don't have access to a real i-MiEV and I can't find any photos online that show this part clearly without the dimples or dots from the exterior covering. Does anyone have an i-MiEV and can take some photos of this area for me? Again, I need photos without the dimples in the tail light covering, so you might have to remove it temporarily. I would really appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance.

iSnowiez said:
Again, I need photos without the dimples in the tail light covering, so you might have to remove it temporarily. I would really appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance.
Hello
Interesting project but as far as I’m aware the tail lights are one unit and it’s not possible to remove the cover without a ‘hammer’…
Mickey

Bummer, looks like i may need to improvise then or hope someone has a broken/throwaway unit that they can use to take photos of. Thanks again for your interest and help.

Here’s a couple photos and a video that should give you an idea of the interior texture of the taillight. Did my best to navigate the camera around the dimples in the video.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/055XpTJBZcYC6xLEUa7B6hCZA

Back