New Jersey Electric Vehicle Tax

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kuuuurija said:
Don said:
But if we didn't have gas and diesel cars/trucks dripping gas, diesel and motor oil on that asphalt, it would likely last nearly forever
Really?
Can you provide me some links to the sources, proving, that spilling of oil products on roads is the most damaging factor?
It most certainly is a problem. One only has to look at asphalt pavement in the summer in areas where fuel or oil has been spilled. It turns to mush and erodes.

fjpod said:
Kuuuurija said:
Don said:
But if we didn't have gas and diesel cars/trucks dripping gas, diesel and motor oil on that asphalt, it would likely last nearly forever
Really?
Can you provide me some links to the sources, proving, that spilling of oil products on roads is the most damaging factor?
It most certainly is a problem. One only has to look at asphalt pavement in the summer in areas where fuel or oil has been spilled. It turns to mush and erodes.
I know that's exactly why gasoline stations all have concrete and not asphalt around the pump islands

Don

Back