Faulty onboard charger

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The outlet going 45degrees can be so easily turned to go down that I guess there is a O-ring there.

I have questions for you guys as I plan doing the same conversion (gen1 obc to gen2)

1) I have a gen 2 OBC from a 2017 Czero with 80cells, will that work with a Czero from 2011 with 88cells ?
2) what is the brand and reference of the orange 2-pole HV connector between the gen 1 OBC and inverter ? (I would like to avoid to cannibalize a PTC heater or an AC compressor to only get the proper connector.

Many thanks !

PS: I have pictures of such a conversion/repair done by a Citroen dealership with original gen2 OBC to gen 1 inverter cable with the part number but cannot find this part anywhere... If someone would like to host these pics on the forum...

Thank you for sharing about the clever design for rotation of the fitting to allow retrofit of a Gen2 OBC with the Gen1 plumbing.

Regarding your questions,
1. The Gen2(80) should work in the 2011(88). The current and voltage generated by the OBC is controlled by CAN buss commands from the EV-ECU, which knows how many cells are in the pack and will provide the proper commands to charrge the pack.

2. At one time i had identified that connector but it escapes me just now, i will have to
find my notebook and report back.

[edit] Based upon the Logos found,
i think the Gen1 uses Yazaki connectors and Gen2 uses Sumitomo connectors.

Back