mikedufty

Re: my Miev will not charge

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:01 pm

That seems to be the case to me. There was a delay of a few weeks while they decided whether to cover it under warranty, then another delay of about 6 weeks waiting for delivery of the charger which was never sent, I'm not sure what happened there, they said something about the part number changing. Then another few weeks for the charger to actually be shipped. Then a few weeks figuring out that the MCU fuse having blown ( I did pass on advice to check it from this thread, but not sure if it got through to actual mechanic). Then a few weeks for the fuse to arrive.

So a bit frustrating. Mitsubishi did eventually provide a courtesy car, and I ended up with a new charger for free.
My wife was wanting to change cars anyway, so we bought a new car about a week after it broke and weren't actually inconvenienced much apart from paying an extra set of rego and insurance for half a year.

redcane

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:16 pm

So after being pretty dirty that the charger I got as a recall replacement only lasted 18 months in service, I got a phone call yesterday from the local dealer. They've done a clean out of their storage and discovered my original 2010 charger unit! They were going to throw it out, so now I have spare. Would have been great if they'd been able to find it back when the car needed repairing.

JoeS
Site Moderator

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:24 pm

redcane wrote:So after being pretty dirty that the charger I got as a recall replacement only lasted 18 months in service, I got a phone call yesterday from the local dealer. They've done a clean out of their storage and discovered my original 2010 charger unit! They were going to throw it out, so now I have spare. Would have been great if they'd been able to find it back when the car needed repairing.
All things considered, I think it was nice of them to take the trouble to call and offer it to you.
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

redcane

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Yes, I am grateful for it. It goes a long way to making up for the unhelpful attitude from the organisation when the car developed problems.

I think it's just one of those things - I now know that the while the car was off the road several months while I was trying to repair it, there was a working charger sitting on a shelf locally!

End result is I have two working chargers, so I should't complain too much.

Return to “General Technical Discussions”