wmcbrine

My JuiceBox has gone wonky

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:54 am

The charge before last, the graph (as seen in the apps, on iOS and Android) abruptly dropped off after a few minutes, but the charge completely normally, AFAICT (almost a full charge, over five hours). Then, last night, I fully charged the car, and it never showed up in the apps at all -- in fact, they said the EVSE was "Offline" and was "Last seen: 3 days ago". Since it is still charging, I wouldn't mind so much, except that I was unlucky enough to get the last version of the JuiceBox before they added indicator lights, and of course it's a little hard to see when the i-MiEV is charging, and now I have no remote charge tracker for either car or EVSE. Time to dig out the warranty, I guess.

I wonder if it's lightning-related. We had a couple of momentary power outages recently -- mostly harmless, but each time, it left the EVSE making a high-pitched noise, until I unplugged it (from the wall; it wasn't plugged into the car).

Don
Site Moderator

Re: My JuiceBox has gone wonky

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Since it's just the app that's not working, maybe it's something simple . . . . like a Bluetooth error?

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

wmcbrine

Re: My JuiceBox has gone wonky

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm

It doesn't use Bluetooth. The EVSE connects to wifi, and communicates with the app over the public Internet. (!) You can also use their web site.

I won't be surprised if it comes back up after I restart it, but I'll be surprised if it stays connected long, at this point. (I'm leaving it off for now... it's kind of a pain to deal with the 14-50.)

Return to “EVSE (Charging Stations)”