jray3

Re: A New Tire For Us!

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks Don, I've ordered a pair of Achilles as well. Bit nervous about the name, though. Hope I don't have a blowout on the left rear tire....
http://www.greekmedicine.net/mythology/achilles.html
2012 i-SE "MR BEAN" 94,000 miles
2000 Mazda Miata EV, 78 kW, 17 kWh
1983 Grumman Kurbwatt EV,170 kW, 32 kWh
1983 Mazda RX-7 EV 43 kW 10 kWh
1971 "Karmann Eclectric" EV 240 kW 19 kWh
1965 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet

Don
Site Moderator

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:43 pm

JoeS wrote:Any problems with the stability control system kicking in when pushed on curves?
Not that I've noticed, but it's the wife's car and I haven't driven it very far, nor very hard. The tires are the correct size, so I don't think it should be an issue

When she had the flat a few miles from home, I ran over with a jack and one of my spare Miata wheel/tires (a 195/55R14) and put that on to get it back home. Driving it with the regen not working at all because of the incorrect sized tire was an experience. Every once in a while, it would kick in and slow when I lifted, but 90% of the time there was just nothing . . . . just like being in neutral. Too bad there in't an easy way to disable regen when you want to without having to manually shift it into neutral, which is a real pain . . . . especially if you're driving in B mode all the time. Since the drive modes are all switch selected, maybe it could be done with an added switch??

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

kiev

Amazon/UPS customer service--NOT!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 am

So i signed up for an account on Amazon so i could order this tire that Don found, first time Amazon order for me. i'm sitting around waiting and don't see or hear anything, no sign of it. Then i think to go check the amazon account and it indicates it was delivered the previous day to the front desk and signed for by GRAHAM at 9:54am.

Well the shipping address is not a business but my residence, someone was home at that time and never heard a knock or doorbell, and there ain't no front desk or anybody named GRAHAM live here..?

So Amazon gives me the runaround every time i contact them: first told i have to wait 36 hours before they will let me report this, then told i have to wait 3 business days before requesting a refund, then i'm told UPS investigated this and claims that they did indeed deliver to the correct address with GPS data to prove it..! Huh?

But they won't show me the data and no explanation was given of who GRAHAM is, and how come they let him sign when his name ain't kenny? How about a refund? Oh no i'm told, first you must file a police report and send in a valid report in order to begin processing a claim for a refund.

So that's my first and last order from Amazon, and i'm not going to ever use UPS again either, and i'm gonna tell all my rowdy redneck friends to take their business elsewhere too.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

TobyGadd

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Strange that Amazon isn't being better about this. Telling you to call the police for a package that was signed for someone else is absurd.

This is probably too obvious, but did you verify that you entered your full address, without any typos? I've shipped many things for my business over the years, and I have occasionally made the mistake of missing a "North" or "South" on an address, mixing up street numbers, etc. A couple of months ago, a shipping company dripped the "W" from the address to my factory--and the poor trucker was driving around on the "E" street before calling in desperation.

Something that you can also do is to check for similar addresses on Google Earth--and then call those locations if they are businesses. I recovered a miss-delivered box once. Driver error, but I did manage to get my stuff without having to fight UPS over it.

Good luck!
2016 iMiev ES, Blue

Don
Site Moderator

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:41 pm

That is truly unfortunate!

We've had the same UPS driver for several years. He knows to deliver all packages to the side porch and if we're not home, he sets them inside the 'people door' of the garage, which we leave unlocked just for that purpose

I didn't have to sign anything when my tires were delivered, though I did get one a day before the other, which was a bit odd

We have never had an issue which wasn't quickly resolved. When I send something back, we have a UPS store 3 miles from the house

Pretty hard to blame Amazon for this - I don't see how they could have prevented whatever happened or how you could expect them to be responsible. I think your complaint is with UPS and they should show you where your tires were delivered to and who signed for them

We've been Amazon Prime members for many years and they truly are a great company to do business with. Very easy to return anything you bought that you don't like (and on their dime too!) and any issue that they were responsible for has always been worked out 100% to my satisfaction. We order from them once or twice a week on average and it's either UPS or the mailman who delivers depending on the package size

Sorry you had a problem and hope it eventually gets resolved to your satisfaction

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

TobyGadd

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Don wrote:That is truly unfortunate!
Pretty hard to blame Amazon for this - I don't see how they could have prevented whatever happened or how you could expect them to be responsible. I think your complaint is with UPS and they should show you where your tires were delivered to and who signed for them

It's actually pretty much always the shipper's responsibility to deal with mis-delivered packages, since they have the contract with the shipper. Amazon needs to do battle with UPS and sort this out. A possible exception would be if the address was entered incorrectly by the recipient.
2016 iMiev ES, Blue

kiev

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 pm

My address is listed correctly both on the Amazon account and on the package tracking information at UPS.

i did an address search for possible businesses with the same house number. i called and visited half a dozen auto repair, tire, brake, and oil change businesses within a 5 mile radius and none of them had anyone named GRAHAM working there, much less at the front desk.

Well how about some front tires--has anyone found a good source for a 145/65-15, or tried to run a 155/60? i have cords showing on an outer edge so i'm parking it for awhile.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

TobyGadd

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:03 pm

kiev wrote:My address is listed correctly both on the Amazon account and on the package tracking information at UPS.

i did an address search for possible businesses with the same house number. i called and visited half a dozen auto repair, tire, brake, and oil change businesses within a 5 mile radius and none of them had anyone named GRAHAM working there, much less at the front desk.

You've done more than most people would. Sounds to me like the ball's fully in Amazon's court. Very disappointing that they aren't just sending you some replacement tires already. Maybe you can challenge them through your credit card company?
2016 iMiev ES, Blue

Aerowhatt
Gold Member

Re: Amazon/UPS customer service--NOT!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:39 pm

[quote="kiev"
So that's my first and last order from Amazon, and i'm not going to ever use UPS again either, and i'm gonna tell all my rowdy redneck friends to take their business elsewhere too.[/quote]

Sorry to here about all these troubles! I hate UPS, feel pretty safe with amazon though. Many orders over a number of years. UPS delivered my sons new mountain bike to neighbor 5 houses away. Claimed that their GPS showed their house as mine. Lucky for me the neighbor was an honest upstanding sort and called me from the ph # on the label. Fed-ex is much better and USPS is the best IMHO.

Aerowhatt
2014 cool silver ES, acquired new 4/2015 (42.7ah at ~26K miles)
2014 Labrador Black Pearl ES, acquired new 3/2016 (41.5ah at ~15k miles)

rmay635703

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:19 pm

I see they have tires that just about fit every car I have, I wonder how much range loss they will cause?

Sucks that amazon fights you over delivery problems, my moms package almost got returned due to needing a signature and they only tried delivery once, we had to pickup at the depot and they had it lost and mislabeled there too.

Honestly I think the signature garbage causes more problems than if they just left it at the door.

Return to “Wheels - Tires”