bradleydavidgood777

97 miles on single charge with 2012 Mitsubishi iMiEV (US model)

Thu May 17, 2018 8:58 am

I just saw this today...has not been posted here for quite some time so I thought I'd wake it up for those who have not seen it.

Great job on the video and range ability Stan! Thanks for making it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWq304cPonM&feature=youtu.behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWq304cPonM&feature=youtu.be
2017 I-Miev

Don
Site Moderator

Re: 97 miles on single charge with 2012 Mitsubishi iMiEV (US model)

Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 pm

. . . . and done completely in 'B' Mode you will note - For those here who say this isn't the most efficient way to drive . . . . well, he should be able to do well over a hundred miles if he was using whatever mode you *think* is most efficient, huh? :lol:

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

bradleydavidgood777

Re: 97 miles on single charge with 2012 Mitsubishi iMiEV (US model)

Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 am

Don wrote:. . . . and done completely in 'B' Mode you will note - For those here who say this isn't the most efficient way to drive . . . . well, he should be able to do well over a hundred miles if he was using whatever mode you *think* is most efficient, huh? :lol:

Don

I think others should do a similar video running in the other gears. I don't know what is more efficient but I like D a lot. Pedal feels great and I like the amount of resistance and if necessary just touch the brake a little but mostly look way ahead and don't need to. I drive on the highway a lot so its probably not that much of a difference for me. I tried B for a long time and didn't notice much of a difference and was annoyed by the pedal feel and response. I kind of feel like if I am very careful I can achieve close to the same thing, at least enough for me to be happy with the balance of the experience and energy savings. I won't be able to contribute a video because I don't have anywhere to go that distance. My challenge is trying to get home from work and back on cold days without charging because I get free charging at work, so there's always the varying temperature involved and my hand on the heater control. So I'll have to rely on the results of someone else's tests to convince me to put it in B on those cold days! I did make a mental note of the B mode while watching the video and I do think it is better in the city but not sure about highway. Seems like when I watch the power indicator and am doing 55-60, and switch between B and D, it tends to stay in lower in eco when I'm in D, on average...if I am very careful with my foot.
2017 I-Miev

Return to “Driving the iMiev - Range - Energy Efficiency - Operating Cost”