Don
Site Moderator

Re: Admin: Posting Pictures on this Forum

Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:06 pm

I've been here for 6+ years and never posted a single photo - It's just incredibly more difficult than on any other site I frequent (where I do post photos). Just not worth the trouble here, sadly

Maybe one day we'll join the 21st century here, but after waiting 6 years, I'm for sure not holding my breath!

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

wmcbrine

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Aerowhatt wrote:So far all I have gotten for trying to have my photos stay with the forum by being a paid subscriber is my handle in ugly red letters.

Also you're now a "Gold Member"

Aerowhatt
Gold Member

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:15 pm

wmcbrine wrote:
Aerowhatt wrote:So far all I have gotten for trying to have my photos stay with the forum by being a paid subscriber is my handle in ugly red letters.

Also you're now a "Gold Member"

Yeah I will sleep better knowing that :roll: . Tacky red letters for gold members?? Yeah that makes sense!

Aerowhatt
2014 cool silver ES, acquired new 4/2015 (42.7ah at ~26K miles)
2014 Labrador Black Pearl ES, acquired new 3/2016 (41.5ah at ~15k miles)

kiev

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Here is another link with examples of the how to find the imgur "share links" that are used to post photos in the forum message.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4079&p=36625#p36625

No gold members were harmed in the filming of this show...

p.s. i don't see any red letters. i use firefox and set the background color to a light green and i set the fonts how i want them, not how the web page wants to use--it is an option in the preference to "use only my choice for colors and fonts".
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

coulomb

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Aerowhatt wrote: I'm hoping that for my $30 contribution I will actually get me some guidance on how to upload photos to the forum data base for posting. So far there is nothing.

I haven't contributed, so I can't say for sure. However, based on other forums that use phpBB, I'd guess that for members that have contributed, and are therefore in a different user group, a new tab will appear below the submit button (you may have to scroll down to see it), labelled "Attachments". From there you can use the "Add files" button and follow the prompts to position your post in-line, or leave it as an attachment. Under rare circumstances, the "Attachments" tab might be compressed to three lines, or the "hamburger" icon. Like the first image below:

Image     Image

Just click on the three lines, and you should see the Attachments tab, as in the second image. The colours and details will vary from what I've posted, but the principles should be the same.

Please let us know if this allows you to use the forum to host your images.

Aerowhatt
Gold Member

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 pm

coulomb wrote:Just click on the three lines, and you should see the Attachments tab, as in the second image. The colours and details will vary from what I've posted, but the principles should be the same.

Please let us know if this allows you to use the forum to host your images.

Thanks coulomb, there is an "attachments" below the submit. I will have to give it a try and see what happens. Really though how hard would it be to include a little generic guidance with the "upgrade" confirmation message?

Aerowhatt

P.S. it does work. A bit cumbersome to figure out but it will be OK to use overall. Thanks Coulomb for pointing where to look!! Now if I can just turn those red letters green I'll be fairly happy.
2014 cool silver ES, acquired new 4/2015 (42.7ah at ~26K miles)
2014 Labrador Black Pearl ES, acquired new 3/2016 (41.5ah at ~15k miles)

bradleydavidgood777

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Don wrote:I've been here for 6+ years and never posted a single photo - It's just incredibly more difficult than on any other site I frequent (where I do post photos). Just not worth the trouble here, sadly

Maybe one day we'll join the 21st century here, but after waiting 6 years, I'm for sure not holding my breath!

Don

I think it took me 5 minutes to register on imgur.com and about 2 minutes to figure out how to copy the link to a photo I posted. Now it probably takes me a minute or two to post a photo. Surely even Don could do it.
2017 I-Miev

bradleydavidgood777

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:00 am

Its so easy ... in one minute! [Edited by moderator]

https://youtu.be/qk7mmK6CYjg
2017 I-Miev

JoeS
Site Moderator

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 am

bradleydavidgood777, thank you for posting the video explaining how to use Imgur. I removed an unnecessary reference which could be construed as inflammatory.
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

Don
Site Moderator

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:42 am

Yes, of course it's not that hard - If I wanted any of my photos (or anything else) stored anywhere on the Internet, I could set up an account and do that easy enough, but I don't. I purposefully avoid most all forms of social media (never had a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any of those accounts) and I don't use the 'cloud' for anything either. I try to keep my on-line footprint as small as possible

I do post a photo now and then on other forums I frequent because I feel those venues are less likely to be hacked and data stolen than websites specifically set up to store tons of everyone's data - Might be wrong, but that's where my comfort level is. Not having photos here Is not a major 'issue' for me . . . . it's just a bit frustrating that the forum doesn't host them

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

Return to “Off Topic”