garygid
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Contact: Website

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Perhaps tripviewer could include a function to mark a trip,
or some trips, and then delete those trips from the database?

The times that I see for the trips appear to be in my GMT - 8 hours,
(2 AM) instead of the original trip time of day. Not a problem, but
just letting you know.

You might want to include a "format" field for the log entries in your db,
so that a later version of tripviewer could determine what entries in
the db are compatible with the newer app.

As usual, splendid progress.
LEAF owner, EV supporter

garygid
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Contact: Website

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Any new functionality, or changes?
Cheers, Gary
LEAF owner, EV supporter

priusfan
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 am
Location: France

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 pm

bonjour,
now, there are a few users in France...
2 of them are using galaxy tab 7 .
it was impossible to use the bluetooth on these tablets...
this is a well known bug.
I found a recipe to solve the problem....

a guy living, in the mountains, asked for a dynamic scale for the graphs.
I will do it.

I hope some "artists" will suggest something nice looking to replace my plain screens.

I will do some minor changes in the tripviewer to show some details.

the app are used / tested on:
samsung galaxy s2, s3, note 1, note 2 , tab 7
asus tf 201, tf 700, nexus 7
sony xperia
chinese 7 tablet

my preferred are galaxy note 2 and nexus 7

jjlink
Site Moderator
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 am

Houston, we have a problem...

For some reason my Nexus 7 does not want to talk to the STN1110 Bluetooth OBD-II Adapter anymore. I suspect that this problem started when it was upgraded to Android 4.2. My Samsung Galaxy S3 phone exhibits the same problem (its Android 4.0.4). I tried it on my old Motorola Xoom tablet and it all works fine, so its not a BT hardware problem. The Xoom has Android 4.1.1.

Image
2012-11-21 11.51.30 by JJLINK, on Flickr
John - 2012 Silver i-MiEV SE model, Jan 19th, 2012 w/OpenEvse, caniOn,& OVMS.

priusfan
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 am
Location: France

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 am

Bonjour John
android 4.2 is really bugged regarding BT....
try to go back to previous release, or at least 4.21.

I will not update my nexus 7 now ,neither my galaxy N7100 , unless I know exactly how to go back immediately....

with the S3, it should work with 4.04. maybe unplug & plug the dongle and hope it will forgive you...

I will soon add an info in the userpref's table: the local difference between ellipsoid and geoid to be able to use altitude from gps.
with an electric car, it should not vary so much...

garygid
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Contact: Website

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:32 am

I am using the Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet, with Android v3.2.1

Its internal BT and GPS on an 8-inch tablet seem to work OK,
although the 512 MB RAM (I never see more than 256 MB
as available to or used by applications) might become a limitation.
LEAF owner, EV supporter

jjlink
Site Moderator
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 am

priusfan wrote:Bonjour John
android 4.2 is really bugged regarding BT....
try to go back to previous release, or at least 4.21.

I will not update my nexus 7 now ,neither my galaxy N7100 , unless I know exactly how to go back immediately....

with the S3, it should work with 4.04. maybe unplug & plug the dongle and hope it will forgive you...

I will soon add an info in the userpref's table: the local difference between ellipsoid and geoid to be able to use altitude from gps.
with an electric car, it should not vary so much...


Bonjour,

Thanks for the information, at least I know why now. I guess I may have to root the device to go back to a version that works. I don't know how I missed the reports of this:
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/androi ... -50009768/

How about a Okuda type design from Stra Trek. Here is a sample of some other app I happend to find:
http://bit.ly/U4Bbfs another example: http://bit.ly/UdSTQb

Thanks
John - 2012 Silver i-MiEV SE model, Jan 19th, 2012 w/OpenEvse, caniOn,& OVMS.

jjlink
Site Moderator
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:26 pm

jjlink wrote:
priusfan wrote:Bonjour John
android 4.2 is really bugged regarding BT....
try to go back to previous release, or at least 4.21.

I will not update my nexus 7 now ,neither my galaxy N7100 , unless I know exactly how to go back immediately....

with the S3, it should work with 4.04. maybe unplug & plug the dongle and hope it will forgive you...

I will soon add an info in the userpref's table: the local difference between ellipsoid and geoid to be able to use altitude from gps.
with an electric car, it should not vary so much...


Bonjour,

Thanks for the information, at least I know why now. I guess I may have to root the device to go back to a version that works. I don't know how I missed the reports of this:
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/androi ... -50009768/

How about a Okuda type design from Stra Trek. Here is a sample of some other app I happend to find:
http://bit.ly/U4Bbfs another example: http://bit.ly/UdSTQb

Thanks



Bonjour,

I'm back in business again, the app is working fine with Bluetooth again.

By the way the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 was the easiest way I found to root Android 4.2.
http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/


Thanks

Image
2012-11-29 14.22.40 by JJLINK, on Flickr
John - 2012 Silver i-MiEV SE model, Jan 19th, 2012 w/OpenEvse, caniOn,& OVMS.

priusfan
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 am
Location: France

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:12 am

Bonjour John,
I tried also jb 4.2.1 on nexus 7 (because I forgot to cancel automatic updates).
the result is really bad regardind BT.

Could you, please, explain how you went back to V4.1.

I downloaded NRTv161, I updated the drivers, but I do not know what is the most efficient way for the following steps.


also I made another release for canion, rel is 54. please come back with comments.

jjlink
Site Moderator
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Re: Android CAN Monitoring App

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:09 am

priusfan wrote:Bonjour John,
I tried also jb 4.2.1 on nexus 7 (because I forgot to cancel automatic updates).
the result is really bad regardind BT.

Could you, please, explain how you went back to V4.1.

I downloaded NRTv161, I updated the drivers, but I do not know what is the most efficient way for the following steps.


also I made another release for canion, rel is 54. please come back with comments.


Yes, I tried canion rel 54 this morning, I like the new fonts very much.

These are the steps to taking the Nexus 7 back from v4.2 to v4.1 as best as I can remember them.

1) The first step is to root the Nexus 7 - I used the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 which is here http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/
A description a a photo of it is here: http://bit.ly/UeU9QJ

2) Then using the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 do the following:
Backup your device
Root and add custom recovery to your device
unlock your current bootloader so you install a recovery app like clockworkmod.

3) Download the following from GooglePlay:
ROM Manager - by ClockworkMod
Root Checker Pro - by joeykrim
Superuser Elite - by ChainsDD or SuperSU - byChainfire
GooManager - by Snipanet Apps
OTA RootKeeper supercurio - by Project Voodoo

3) run Superuser or SuperSU app

4) Run Root Checker Pro on your device to make sure you actually have root access. Also be sure busybox is installed.

5) Run OTA RootKeeper to backup your root access (assuming you have it now).

6) Backup your current rom with the clockworkmod app.

7) Using the GooManager app download SmoothRom v4.1 and flash you device (wipe data and cache).

8) after you device reboots verify you have SmoothRom v4.1 and you still have root access.

9) it your system seems to working well do a backup of the current rom using clockworkmod.

Here is one of many articles describing the process: http://bit.ly/TI1rjM
John - 2012 Silver i-MiEV SE model, Jan 19th, 2012 w/OpenEvse, caniOn,& OVMS.

Return to “Instruments - Radio/USB/Nav - CAN - Climate Controls - Remote”