Inspections!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvande85

Hello! New i-miev owner here! Super excited! :D
I've got my 2016 i-miev being delivered from Carvana on 2.12.21. I'll be bringing it to Mitsubishi for it's inspection and the brake assist vacuum pump recall. Is there anything that you all can recommend I ask for them to check over specifically that they may not realize should be checked over? I'm gathering that Mitsubishi dealers aren't used to seeing these cars come in very often. Please let me know if there's anything you all learned from your visits that may be helpful for me.

Thank you! :D

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new car :)

True, dealers usually only see our cars for recalls, because there's not much required in the way of regular maintenance. If you even hint that you'd like your dealer to do anything besides replacing the brake vacuum pump, they'll no doubt go over your car with a fine toothed comb and not telling what they'll 'sell' you . . . . you won't have to suggest anything - You could easily turn the recall into a $500 'learning experience' :lol:

With 3 cars, in 9 years and about 100K miles, so far we've needed tires and windshield wipers (one set of each) and that's been it for maintenance . . . .oh, and one change of the cabin air filter which I bought from someone here on the forum. Each car has had about 4 recalls done, but no service of any kind has been done with any of them

Don

Oh, wow, that's excellent news! I've researched how to do all of the fluids myself though this car is at 12k miles so it should have a ways away from that stuff. Thanks Don, for the welcome and reply! Happy to be a part of the club! :geek: :geek: :geek:

Brenda

Don said:
True, dealers usually only see our cars for recalls, because there's not much required in the way of regular maintenance. If you even hint that you'd like your dealer to do anything besides replacing the brake vacuum pump, they'll no doubt go over your car with a fine toothed comb and not telling what they'll 'sell' you . . . . you won't have to suggest anything - You could easily turn the recall into a $500 'learning experience' :lol:
I took mine in for a recall, and right afterwards got a postcard saying it was time to bring it in for regular service. I was like, "Guys, if you wanted to service it, you had your chance." I haven't been back since. :D

wmcbrine said:
I took mine in for a recall, and right afterwards got a postcard saying it was time to bring it in for regular service. I was like, "Guys, if you wanted to service it, you had your chance." I haven't been back since. :D
After having one of my recalls done I got a thank you letter and a coupon for a discounted oil change. It was nice of them to offer. :D

My inspection came back great! Though needs new rotors, which carvana is covering. The battery gets 90 per charge if I drive like a "Sunday driver" haha! With A/C and heat constantly, more like 50. And if I drive normally but with efficiency in mind, about 70. Better than I thought actually buying online.

Haven't explored much with the eco mode but I am gathering that it just keeps you leashed a bit while accelerating..

Anywho.. the real reason for the note here.. is I cannot figure out Bluetooth for the life of me! I tried 1234, 0000 among many others and don't see it in my phone as a "device nearby". Anyone?! Please and Thank you!

Oh geez. It was 1212 in my manual :lol: tried 1010 but not 1212. All is good! Love this stereo system and navigation! :D

Back