DIY Windscreen Defroster

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiborx8

Hello,

I made a windscreen defogger using infrared heating films. The heater turns on in ready mode and off when the car is off. It looks like a dash mat, except that it is very light weight, only about 4 mm thick and not attached to the dashboard anywhere - hence it does not interfere with the passenger airbag.

I would add pictures here, but could not figure out how it works...

Tiborx8 said:
I cannot believe there was not an easier way to allow users to upload images...
Me neither - I've been here 8+ years and have yet to upload a single image

Don

Tiborx8, bradleydavidgood777's nicely customized instructions are just one of the ways to post images on this forum. You might peruse this thread:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1626
In my case, I have my own website so I just created an externally accessible folder which allows me to place my images into it.

Back on topic, Tiborx8, I hope you can figure it out as we'd like to see the photo(s) of your DIY windscreen defroster.

Hi,

thank you for all the helping comments. Unfortunatelly I did not find so far a page where I can store the pictures for free. Personally I think this stupid photo upload feature mark the limit of possibilities this forum has to develop and to share information.

If you are interested, I posted pictures on Facebook in the Mitsubishi Imiev electric Vehicle Owners group.

In the past few months, I designed a low energy consumption floor heating to the front and rear legroom, a low energy windscreen defogger, a few days ago finished the heated steering wheel project - not to mention the fully heated (seat+backrest) driver and passenger seats. I would happily share with you in the forum all of this with pictures, I believe many of us could benefit from it. It is a shame this forum was built such a way.

IMG_20210122_120845.jpg

Tiborx8, thank you for keeping trying to post. To me, the images are not visible as all I see are icons. When I tried simply entering the URL of an image it wouldn't take, even after I entered it from my Google account.

Anyone have any success seeing Tiborx8's images without resorting to Facebook?

JoeS said:
Yes, I see the photos! Thank you.

Dumb question: does the light-colored dashboard cover, combined with the defroster, not result in excessive reflections off the windscreen, especially at dawn or dusk?

no. The felt material is not shiny so acsolutely no problem during day- or night driving.

Back