Passenger heated seats

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but the ones I've found are only to pre-heat the steering wheel. They have to be removed before driving. If you know of one that is meant to be perpetually installed, please let me/us know.

databeestje said:
I have not really needed heated seats yet, but I do consistently have cold feet.

I personnaly installed infra-red heating light bulb Under the dash. They come in many intensity. I used 50W and 75W bulb. The small bulb for reptile vivarium are good. (exo-terra brand). My feet always feel warm and red...

These are 120 volt, so I use a 75w 12v inverter. Just install a regular 120 volt socket Under the dash directing the light over your feet.

Pier in cold Québec.

Hi,

today I installed seat heating to the passenger seat - to the seat and to the backrest. The trick is to use xylane - I sprayed over- and under the cushion every centimeter as I pulled it slowly.
THe seat cushion can be taken off starting from the back end of the seat. It is important to take off only the cushion and leave the top layer foam in place - this way we protect the seat occupancy sensor.

my seat occupancy sensor still works just fine. No error codes whatsoever as I disconnected the negative battery terminal before anything.

TiborX8, thank you for describing your seat and seatback replacement with heated units. Wow, that is really going out of your way to keep your passenger comfortable!

Where did you obtain that heated seat? What sort of temperature control do you have over it? Where did you wire it into the car?

BTW, Xylene (I think you meant that, not xylane) is pretty nasty stuff so hope you used plenty of ventilation and wore some safety equipment. I'm amazed that it worked for the cloth covering removal without damaging anything else.

I made the whole install in my garden - so plenty of ventillation. But the car was standing with open windows for three days to get rid of the smell.

I bought the seat heating pad from aliexpress - the cheapest unit, without any wiring harness or switch.
i also bought a rocker switch with yellow LED - to match the factory switch for the driver seat.
Finally, I bought the cheapest 12v thermostat circuit also from aliexpress.
ooo, and also bought a fuse separator (rated for 40A), guess... yes, from Aliexpress.:)
Total cost was less than 30 EUr, incl. shippment.
The wiring: I used the fuse separator to separate the cigarette lighter fuse as it is off when ignition is off and we never use it, anyway. The initial fuse there is 15A, I changed it to two 10A fuses.
Negative pole I found under the fuse box - a quite large screw is there.
i installed the rocker switch under the center console, next to the USB charging port - I guess that is the factory place for it, but it is hardly visible from the passenger seat, so not a great location.

As there is a large whole behind the backrest of the seat (you need to open the zippers on the sides to gain access to it), I decided to put the thermostat there. I set it to 38 degrees as I read on the net that it is the recommended temperature for adults as being the lowest temp the body feels warm and muscles start to relax. As I like the simplicity of the car dashboard, this way I managed the setup that there is just a rocket switch on the dashboard, but you actually get thermostat controlled seat heating.

My next project will be the heated steering wheel (we have it in the Leaf and it is very comfortable) and I am also in the process of getting 12v infrared heating film which I am going to install under the floor carpet in the front and behind the door panels.:)

Tiborx8, thank you for the details. Wish you all the best with your mods to keep you warm in winter.

BTW, I moved this top into the "Modifications & Accessories" subforum so it can be found more easily in the future.

Back