Lena

Re: Warning Codes - Car with ! Exclamation Mark

Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks, Kenny. Super helpful. I'll keep learning more.
Lena
2014 i-MiEV

Lena

Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Oh, and ...my car definitely wouldn't start again after that code popped up. Even a few days later. I tried it again before I had it towed to the dealership.
Okay, back to reading the other p1a15 posts.
Lena
2014 i-MiEV

bobsouth

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:46 pm

The "car with the exclamation mark" showed up on our non functioning work iMiev which had been unused for some time. .. The meter was showing about half charge but I put it on charge anyway and went home to get my mulitimeter and came back to find the 12v battery was at about 10.9v so I put it on charge as well. After a few hours it had reached about 12.5 the warning light had gone and I was able to drive the car a short distance. However soon it stopped working and the warning light came on. I will buy a new 12v battery tomorrow but more worrying was that the charge on the main battery did not appear to have increased. When I have installed the new 12v battery I will try to charge the drive battery again. I don't know if the charging system requires the 12v to be in good condition. I hope it is not permanently damaged!

kiev

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Yes the 12V aux is a critical item required for driving and charging. Hopefully that is your only issue, and typically it is only a temporary fault. Let us know how it works out for you.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

RobbW

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 am

What 12V battery does the iMiEV use? Is it a regular 12V battery like any other car uses? Or does the i-MiEV use some specialty 12V battery? My Meep just died last night. I had moved it from my driveway out onto the street as I had some people coming over to my house to pick up something store in the garage. Later when I went to move the Meep back to the driveway, it would not start anymore. When I turn the key to Start, the dashboard lights pop on, and there is an initial "ding" sound, but not the usual ding sound of the "Ready" state. Then the entire dash and every light in the car goes completely black, and there is a long sustained beeeeeep that keeps sounding until I turn off the car. When I turn off the car, then the MIl with the car symbol and exclamation point come on.

I assume this has something to do with the 12V battery. It is the OEM battery that has been in there for 8 years. So, probably due to be replaced anyway. I'm hoping this is the only problem as it should be quick and relatively inexpensive to replace. I just don't know what kind of 12V battery I need for an i-MiEV.
Clear Skies,
Robb

EV: 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV SE, Raspberry Metallic, Premium Package - Purchased 07/11/13
PHEV: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica eHybrid, Bright White, Platinum Package - Purchased 05/01/17

kiev

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:29 pm

It is just a regular car 12V battery, such as 51R or 151R type number. Same sized battery is used for mazda miata except they use a gel cell instead of flooded. i got one at wolly mart once, also at any auto parts store.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

RobbW

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Thanks! Picked up a Diehard 151R battery and swapped it out when I got home from work. My Meep started up right away and is humming along now!
Clear Skies,
Robb

EV: 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV SE, Raspberry Metallic, Premium Package - Purchased 07/11/13
PHEV: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica eHybrid, Bright White, Platinum Package - Purchased 05/01/17

PV1
Site Moderator

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:57 am

RobbW wrote:Later when I went to move the Meep back to the driveway, it would not start anymore. When I turn the key to Start, the dashboard lights pop on, and there is an initial "ding" sound, but not the usual ding sound of the "Ready" state. Then the entire dash and every light in the car goes completely black, and there is a long sustained beeeeeep that keeps sounding until I turn off the car. When I turn off the car, then the MIl with the car symbol and exclamation point come on.

When I first got Koorz, we had it at an event and accidentally left the marker lights on too long. This is the exact thing I got when the car failed to start. The battery had discharged enough to where the car couldn’t start, but everything still lit up. I charged the 12 volt battery and the car was able to start. Sadly, it required codes to be cleared to get the warning light to go away even though the car would start and drive just fine after that.

Got to keep the 12 volt battery in good health. If you can help it, don’t even try to start the car if you see signs of a low 12 volt battery. Give it a boost first. Our cars aren't as young as they used to be.
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC
"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC
"Photon" - 2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC
Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

Life with Electric Vehicles: https://lbry.tv/@PV1

RobbW

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:21 am

PV1 wrote:
RobbW wrote:Later when I went to move the Meep back to the driveway, it would not start anymore. When I turn the key to Start, the dashboard lights pop on, and there is an initial "ding" sound, but not the usual ding sound of the "Ready" state. Then the entire dash and every light in the car goes completely black, and there is a long sustained beeeeeep that keeps sounding until I turn off the car. When I turn off the car, then the MIl with the car symbol and exclamation point come on.

When I first got Koorz, we had it at an event and accidentally left the marker lights on too long. This is the exact thing I got when the car failed to start. The battery had discharged enough to where the car couldn’t start, but everything still lit up. I charged the 12 volt battery and the car was able to start. Sadly, it required codes to be cleared to get the warning light to go away even though the car would start and drive just fine after that.

Got to keep the 12 volt battery in good health. If you can help it, don’t even try to start the car if you see signs of a low 12 volt battery. Give it a boost first. Our cars aren't as young as they used to be.

Thanks, PV1. I got lucky and after installing the new battery, my Meep started up just fine and all the MILs cleared from the dash. All good to go now. I was just a little freaked out at first when she didn't want to start up at all. I had the main traction battery replaced last year, and I was afraid it might have something to do with that again. I'm thankful it was just the 12V battery!
Clear Skies,
Robb

Return to “General Technical Discussions”