Lic

Re: No READY. P1A15 error. Condenser charge timeout.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Finally I solved my problem by updating MCU rom content by saved rom content from my old MCU.

Lic

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:47 pm

We have on russian forum guy with same symptoms like mine car had. Battery have 350v voltage, MCU shows condenser voltage when starts 340v. Problem solved by soldering additional resistor in upper part of resistors divider to get voltage on condenser close to battery voltage.
Also other russian mechanic said he had 3 cars already with same symptoms and he solved problem by same technique.

hubermatos

Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Lic wrote:We have on russian forum guy with same symptoms like mine car had. Battery have 350v voltage, MCU shows condenser voltage when starts 340v. Problem solved by soldering additional resistor in upper part of resistors divider to get voltage on condenser close to battery voltage.
Also other russian mechanic said he had 3 cars already with same symptoms and he solved problem by same technique.

Hello ev enthusiasts, I managed to get a peugeot ion quite cheap but it has the same error.
Lic, could you please share how he exactly did it? Maybe share some pictures? I would be interested, it sounds like a good solution...

Thank you all for your contribution!
Huba

Lic

Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:11 pm

First of all you need to be sure that problem is in MCU and not in battery. Please check condenser voltage when you start a car also check condenser voltage by software like launch or MUT3 or hobdrive.

hubermatos

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 am

Hello Lic!

Thank you, for your replay.
Can it be checked with lexia?
I will need to buy an interface if it is impossible. Which one do you recommend?

Can it be measured manually?

Thanks again!
Huba

Lic

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:01 pm

I don't know what is lexia.
Cheapest way I think is hobdrive.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid&hl=ru

You need to check voltage by both ways - physically and by software. Most common problem - physically voltage is the same like battery voltage and by software voltage is much less than battery voltage - car sees wrong voltage and shows error. So you need to check voltage by both ways.

hubermatos

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Lic wrote:I don't know what is lexia.

Lexia is a tool for Citroën peugeot cars, with diagbox software. (you can write your vin to a newly fitted component etc.)

Cheapest way I think is hobdrive.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid&hl=ru

You need to check voltage by both ways - physically and by software. Most common problem - physically voltage is the same like battery voltage and by software voltage is much less than battery voltage - car sees wrong voltage and shows error. So you need to check voltage by both ways.

I managed to check the capacitor voltage : 2v no metter what i do, it stays the same.
I will take the case apart tomorrow and measure it.
Thank you Lic

kiev

Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 am

Howdy Huba,

What are the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) that your car has stored?

Your low voltage symptoms (~2VDC) would seem to cause a different code than the other folks had in this particular discussion thread.

It sounds as if your Main Contactors are not being engaged in the sequence to get to READY. The Contactors are located within the HV Battery Pack and are controlled by the EV-ECU located under the rear seat.

i would recommend that you have your car checked by someone with a MUT or Lexia to read out the DTC, then the troubleshooting will be much easier. You can also purchase a scantool that will read out those codes, such as an iCarsoft i909 scanner. Maybe someone in your area has such a tool and will help get the reading.

You have made all the manual measurements that are meaningful at this time and verified that no voltage is reaching the MCU, so now you need to find out what the system thinks is wrong in order to correct the issue.

Welcome and good luck to you,
kenny
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

hubermatos

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:31 am

kiev wrote:Howdy Huba,

What are the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) that your car has stored?

Your low voltage symptoms (~2VDC) would seem to cause a different code than the other folks had in this particular discussion thread.

It sounds as if your Main Contactors are not being engaged in the sequence to get to READY. The Contactors are located within the HV Battery Pack and are controlled by the EV-ECU located under the rear seat.

i would recommend that you have your car checked by someone with a MUT or Lexia to read out the DTC, then the troubleshooting will be much easier. You can also purchase a scantool that will read out those codes, such as an iCarsoft i909 scanner. Maybe someone in your area has such a tool and will help get the reading.

You have made all the manual measurements that are meaningful at this time and verified that no voltage is reaching the MCU, so now you need to find out what the system thinks is wrong in order to correct the issue.

Welcome and good luck to you,
kenny

Szia Kenny,
Thank you so much for your help and implication. It is such a great help!

So let me start at the beginning:
I bought a defective Peugeot two years ago, it had water in the battery pack, and I managed to repair it without any additional help from you guys, just by reading the forum. One battery BMU was fried, managed to get another one and to write the eeprom. S that car is 100%ok (besides of the airbag ecu, which is toasted, and I couldn't find a used one), we drove almost 20 000 km with it in the last 1.5 years.

I thought it is time for me to buy a second one, because we are always fighting over this little car, thus we have a hilux too (3l engine...).
So I got one yellow beauty from the market a quite low price, and I could even bargain. So I had my doubts... And since I live in Romania, (I am Hungarian, but the town I live in became part of this country(no more history lesson, I promise) ) I was not surprised that the car wouldn't start after not being used one month. (was waiting for temporary license plates, and I had an appointment to the car registry exam yesterday)

So first things first I recharged the small battery, it had 11.x volts.
Red the codes: P1A15, nothing else. I used a delphi tester with delphi cars, it reads the trouble code and it can also delete them. (one can use wurth wow with this tester, but it reads nonsense codes) (this is the interface if someone is interested: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 36efP1yefd )

Last week I managed to buy a lexia interface so I can do whatever a factory interface can do. (I managed to read out the other iOns radio code, I swapped the small batteries)
Yesterday was all about getting to know the software. I is possible to write the cars vin to a newly installed parts ecu so it is kinda cool.
I read the traction battery cell voltages, everything looks ok.

One interesting thing I encountered is the battery percentage is climbing slowly when I start the car:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/97ooY4NU9GzSvXmR7
The ev ecu test:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JA7Q4ZCTJkqnBEJv9

I think it is time to jump into disassembling the car. But where should I start?
I will measure the capacitors manually.

Thank you so much for helping me!

kiev

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:08 am

Well if you have been reading on this forum, then you know how important a good, strong 12V aux battery is for proper operation. That is the power source to energize the Main Contactors, so if it is old, weak or worn out, then the car will not go to READY.

i don't think anyone has ever reported a failure of the big black capacitor in the MCU, but by all means measure it if possible to verify that it is good and not shorted out.

P1A15 is usually from too slow a voltage rise, or too low voltage, of the capacitor. Your 2V measurement indicates to me that there is no voltage getting to the MCU. (Unless your meter was trying to read AC instead of DC?)
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”