hobdrive - and i-MIEV ion zero, show electronic control units, reset errors

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smithgt said:
Can anyone advise if Hobdrive is now able to read Airbag fault codes?
I've only just bought the car, and after slamming back the passenger seat, the dreaded airbag light has illuminated.
I've got an OBDLink LX, and have been using the demo version of the app.
What year is your car?
car name? and i-MIEV ion zero,
there is a slight difference in the configuration of control units

vh2q said:
I paid for my version, it's not the free demo version.
What year is your car?

Serhge said:
smithgt said:
I've only just bought the car, and after slamming back the passenger seat, the dreaded airbag light has illuminated.
What year is your car?

It's a 2015 Peugeot ION

there was no miev option in the menu when I downloaded the app. i had to go online and update the models, then there was a 2010 Mitsubishi I-Miev option and that is the one I chose.

smithgt said:
Serhge said:
smithgt said:
What year is your car?

It's a 2015 Peugeot ION
This is the 2015 Peugeot ION - for it you need to choose the profile of the 2014 minicab.
but maybe there is a difference between Mitsubishi and Peugeot, not sure.
Today the srs block polling formula has been adapted, a little time for comparison.

vh2q said:
there was no miev option in the menu when I downloaded the app. i had to go online and update the models, then there was a 2010 Mitsubishi I-Miev option and that is the one I chose.
you can go into the profile settings profile and choose the appropriate block yourself, on page 1 there is a photo how to do it

ecu settings

A quick question for Serhge - I already own the Android version of Hobdrive and use it both with an OBDLink LX and OBDLink MX+.

However the Android device is a tablet and is often not in the car and I would sometimes like to take a quick reading (such as traction battery cell temperature) using my iPhone 11, which is always in the car with me.

The OBDLink LX is not iOS compatible however the MX+ is iOS compatible, and there is an iOS version of Hobdrive. However I have noticed that a lot of OBD-II diagnostic software on iOS does not support bluetooth dongles and only supports WiFi versions of dongles.

Can you confirm that Hobdrive for iOS supports the OBDLink MX+ over bluetooth ? Unfortunately I already "used" the demo of the iOS version of hobdrive long before I owned the OBDLink MX+ so I can't use the demo version to verify it works before purchasing as it now tells me the demo period is up. (Even though I got no real use from the demo as I didn't have a compatible OBD-II device at the time)

Thanks. :)

BLUETOOTH SPECIFICATIONS: Class 2 Bluetooth v3.0 transmission
https://www.obdlink.com/mxp/

MX+ will not work with ios.

With IOS will work BLE adapters
For example, Carista, Viecar 4 and others ...

Is there any particular reason why Hobdrive can't work with Bluetooth 3 adaptors on iOS when other apps can ? Especially when the same adaptor works with Hobdrive under Android.

dear! let's not confuse software and hardware capabilities! hobd is software and there is no difference with what it can work.
equipment that does not have physical capabilities, the problem is only in this equipment, specifically the problem concerns the apple trees

you need to ask such questions to the manufacturer of iPhones, with a claim about the impossibility of their devices to work with bluetooth protocols lower than 4.0!

an android device doesn’t have such problems
works well in any networks and protocols wifi and bluetooth

The same problem is with the OBD scanner, which cannot work with the bluetooth protocol higher than 3.0,
scanner with bluetooth protocol 4.0 and higher works well with iPhone

I hope you can read the manufacturer’s specifications that it attaches to their devices

I’m looking to run HobDrive on an iPhone with a Bluetooth OBDLink MX+. I’m not having any success. From my reading if earlier posts, if appears that this configuration is not supported. Could anyone please confirm this or offer some tips to get it working?

Thanks,

Andrew

Back