U1073

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boscoe

Hey everyone, anybody know what's up with a U1073 code," bus off" ? I have intermittent exclamation but car seems to drive OK. Thanks

That is a DTC to indicate a CAN Buss error, in that the EVCU thought the CAN buss was OFF.

What is the condition of your 12V aux battery? An old, weak, or worn out aux battery can cause a multitude of errors including spurious faults of the CAN Buss.

Hey Kiev, yeah that car was just in the dealer to replace the vacuum pump. They indicated the battery (aux) was ok but, i know it is old. I'll try changing out,see if improves. Thanks for the reply!

boscoe said:
Hey Kiev, yeah that car was just in the dealer to replace the vacuum pump. They indicated the battery (aux) was ok but, i know it is old. I'll try changing out,see if improves. Thanks for the reply!

Was that it?
just curious

If his car is a 2012 with it's original 12 volt battery, that's almost certainly going to be the cause of his intermittent problem - If it was anything else, I suspect the fault would be permanent and not intermittent

Don

Hey folks, sorry tuned out for a while. Changed battery (3rd one) onthis 2012. Still get intermittent ( ! ) . Codes I see now are U1111 and P1a10.

Hard to believe but it could be a low aux battery still. Did you put a 12V charrger on it to top it up, even though new they are fully charged. Maybe even a cheap multimeter from HF would help so you can measure the actual voltage.

P1A10 On board charrger power supply relay circuit, low input voltage

U1111 is a CAN buss code, Display CAN Timeout or Not Installed.

Have you changed out or been messing around with anything in the car such as radio or center nav system display? Generally CAN buss errors are the result of low or missing aux voltage, but it could be a valid fault if you have left something disconnected.

Hey guys, just heard from the dealer, They said they found problem to be a bad connection on a Relay. $90 for diagnostic and that's it! I can't believe it! Ok, I haven't picked it up yet but, I'm optimistic...we'll see.

Yeah Joe, I didn't get to speak with the mechanic but, on my paperwork it says" during inspection found that OBC relay was not fully seated causing intermittent connection". I just drove it home and it looks pretty good!

Back