Just a quick update
My last full charge was done Sunday night. You already saw my post from what occurred Monday after driving. Then, yesterday, even though I drove all around, range showed that I used one mile! Well, again - still have not charged at ALL since Sunday night..... but.....
I woke up this morning, and range showed 40 miles. When I arrived to work, when I stopped the car and went into the building, the range showed 41 miles (an INCREASE of one mile!). Then, tonight, when I left the office, I made one extra stop a little out of the way, but when I got home, my range had increased to 45 miles!
Here is a little bit of an experiment I have been trying, and wow does it make a difference...
- I only drive down residential/surface streets to and from my office, and to all destinations. No highway/freeway driving.
- I only use the FAN on the inside of the cabin, no other air cooling or anything.
- I only drive in "B" mode.
- When accelerating, I gently ease the vehicle up to the speed limit (usually 25 on residential streets, but the fastest part of road I travel on is 35 mph), and when I accelerate it is very gently, so that the needle never goes past the "O" in the word "ECO" on the dash...
- When approaching all stops and lights, I allow AMPLE time to release the accelerator pedal, and use regenerative braking a LOT. I find that for most if not all of my driving, I hardly ever have to use ANY brake at all.... real one-pedal driving. Very relaxing!
So with these new habits over the past couple of days, it seems that the car is ?recalculating? the range possibly? No matter what, I think I am just paying really good attention to the amount of charge on the battery versus the range... Again I parked tonight, and I am not plugged in. I seem to still have used only about 20% of the little bars in the battery charge (only shows 20% or so missing from the top)... so plenty still. I think with these driving habits, and no far-away excursions LOL, my charging should easily be only needed every week... But I am really pleased. And when I pulled up tonight and gained 5 miles in range since this morning, I just smiled.
As far as the large 9-inch touchscreen head unit and dash kit... I have already become fully familiar with the wiring in the dash, and I have done these countless times. However, Scoche wants $300 for the dash kit (just to end up looking like the dash did with i-MiEV models that already had the 7" touch screen in it), and then the head unit, and other costs.... I decided for an alternative, since my goal has nothing to do with music and everything to do with apps/tech/fun stuff. I am using a small form factor professional tablet mount, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab from Best Buy today, I am putting all my apps that I love onto it (Google Maps, other items for driving,) and I did get BOTH of the mentioned OBDII apps that you guys suggested, but I am just waiting on the bluetooth OBDII module to come from Amazon, and when mounted on this neat clean orderly mount, the dash looks extremely tech... very cool. I replaced the Samsung TouchWiz interface with a really fantastic Car Launcher, which looks terrific with the Mitsubishi Logo and the blue accent lighting to match the outside paint color. Basically, in the end, I got all the tech stuff that I wanted, without being invasive on the existing dash or stereo. Plus, I can pop the tablet off the mount any time I go somewhere and it is fully 4G enabled with telephony as well. Hooray
Thank you ALL again so very much for all the terrific information, and the hearty welcome - I am so happy that I found this forum.
I hope you are all having a terrific night!