CarQuestion

CHAdeMO or no CHAdeMO question

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Is there an easy way to tell from looking at an i-Miev whether it has the quick charge/CHAdeMO port or not? I had thought that having a fuel door-type hatch on each side rather than only one side meant that the car had both a Level 2 and CHAdeMO port, but in looking at more pictures, it looks like all I-Mievs have these hatches on both sides. Maybe I’m wrong about that though?

Same question for if there’s a way to know if there’s a rear backup camera from looking at the exterior of the car, but I’m assuming there probably isn’t any way to know that without seeing the interior of the car.

Don
Site Moderator

Re: CHAdeMO or no CHAdeMO question

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Welcome to the forum! - Glad you found us :)

True, all NA iMiEV's have the charge doors on both sides. QC was an option on ES models (those with the steel wheels) and if so equipped, the little lever beside the drivers seat which opens the left side charge door is a clue - If you see that little lever, it has QC - No lever there, it doesn't. The SE models (alloy wheels, DRL & fog lights but the standard radio (no Nav screen) none of those came with QC and it wasn't an option on them either, so if it has stock alloy wheels, you look for the uprated sound system which has the Nav screen - That's an SE Premium and ALL those came with QC

So, for ES models, (steel wheels) it was an option, for the SE model, none of them had QC and for the SE Premium, ALL of them have QC. Only the SE Premium's came with the back-up camera . . . . none of the others had a screen to display it on

Hope this helps!

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

iwatson

Re: CHAdeMO or no CHAdeMO question

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Don wrote:Welcome to the forum! - Glad you found us :)

True, all NA iMiEV's have the charge doors on both sides. QC was an option on ES models (those with the steel wheels) and if so equipped, the little lever beside the drivers seat which opens the left side charge door is a clue - If you see that little lever, it has QC - No lever there, it doesn't. The SE models (alloy wheels, DRL & fog lights but the standard radio (no Nav screen) none of those came with QC and it wasn't an option on them either, so if it has stock alloy wheels, you look for the uprated sound system which has the Nav screen - That's an SE Premium and ALL those came with QC

So, for ES models, (steel wheels) it was an option, for the SE model, none of them had QC and for the SE Premium, ALL of them have QC. Only the SE Premium's came with the back-up camera . . . . none of the others had a screen to display it on

Hope this helps!

Don

What Don has posted here is absolutely true and complete, yet he fails to mention anywhere in his post , that he is referring to the 2012 model year only which was the first year that the i-miev was available in North America.

It was also sold in model years 2014, 2016, and 2017. In those model years it was available in 1 trim only (ES) and yet there was more standard equipment such as all cars came with alloy wheels and all cars came with CHAdeMO DC fast charge as standard equipment.
2012 Raspberry imiev SE Premium
2017 Cajun Red Chevrolet Bolt EV
2011 Viridian Joule Chevrolet Volt
2008 Cadillac SRX
2002 Forest River Sunseeker 3100
2001 Buick LeSabre
1997 Chrysler Town & Country

Return to “Buying/Leasing the iMiev”