Just had the passenger airbag recall work done

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phb10186

So, the I went in for a service and the passenger air bag recall. The Mitsubishi service engineer told me that Mitsubishi allow 2.5 hours for this job, and it took them the entire day. There is no simple passenger air bag access - it required half of the dashboard being taken off. Also, because half of the London Mitsubishi dealers have closed, they had to reschedule the job twice, and they ended up having the car for two days.

Incompetence, disorganisation - well sadly the only two Mitsubishi dealers I can get to are as bad (good) as each other... every time the IMIEV goes in, they seem flummoxed by their lack of familiarity - which means their service processes go off-kilter, and they end up just taking ages about it.

So, whats the point of this thread... not much, just an anecdotal report about the passenger airbag technical service recall mainly... just so you know what to expect.

Count your blessings, I guess - My closest dealer who works on EV's is 120 miles (200 kms) away and the cars have to go there on a flatbed tow truck!

Don

Don said:
Count your blessings, I guess - My closest dealer who works on EV's is 120 miles (200 kms) away and the cars have to go there on a flatbed tow truck!

Don

That is sub-optimal. At least I got a loan car for the two days...a Mitsubishi Mirage... which for all its 3 cylinders, was awful by comparison to the IMIEV.

On the plus side, think of all the clean air and great scenery you have for the other 360 odd days of the year.

Back