Aftermarket radio

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgmacius

Hi,

I can't figure out how to connect aftermarket radio to Peugeot Ion. It works, turns on and all, but can't keep the memory - for some reason I can't find 12V feed from the car battery. PLEASE HELP.
I connected both the red wire (ACC) and yellow wire (12V) from the radio to the green thick wire, as this is the only way to make it start. But I'm sure that the red wire should be connected somewhere else. I'm about to give up...

Yes, there are two distinct different 12 volt sources for the radio in any modern car. There's the keep alive 12 volt source which is present all the time, even when the car is shut off. This keeps the time and other things you set on the radio from going away when you shut the car off. Then, there's the accessory 12 volts which comes on and goes away when you start the car - You ACC wire.

You probably need a cheap voltmeter to determine which one is which for the plug in the car and hopefully the instructions which came with your new radio will tell you which color wire on the radio they go to

Good luck!

Don

Don said:
Yes, there are two distinct different 12 volt sources for the radio in any modern car. There's the keep alive 12 volt source which is present all the time, even when the car is shut off. This keeps the time and other things you set on the radio from going away when you shut the car off. Then, there's the accessory 12 volts which comes on and goes away when you start the car - You ACC wire.

You probably need a cheap voltmeter to determine which one is which for the plug in the car and hopefully the instructions which came with your new radio will tell you which color wire on the radio they go to

Let me rephrase it - I did check all the wires. None of them have any voltage on them while the ignition is off (or key is in ACC position for that matter). No key, no 12V anywhere. It might be something with CAN - one seller on eBay sells outrageously expensive adapter with something that enables 12V via CAN, have no clue how - bit of a black magic for me. Any ideas?

I am having exactly the same issue with my C-Zero 2011. Did you manage to solve this? My wires did not have any voltage when ignition is off.

Back