Replacing Peugeot Ion 2012 OBC with I-MiEV 2017 OBC

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radi513

My cars OBC is faulty and needs replacement. I do not have the skills to swap parts on the circuit boards so a swap of the entire unit is my only option.

I found an OBC salvaged from a 2017 I-MiEV not far from here as good as new. Will the part work with my older Peugeot? I see there are some serial number differences, but all the OBCs I have looked at looks the same.

I'm far from an expert on the subject, but I *think* you're going to find that the newer '17 unit has some different connectors than your older Ion unit, so it's probably not a simple plug in replacement. It can *probably* be made to work with some cutting and splicing of cables - It would be most handy if whoever is selling you the '17 unit would leave all the connectors on it and cut the cables a foot so so back from the charger. That *should* give you everything you'll need to work with

I'm sure others here will jump in and correct me if I've said anything which might lead you astray

Don

A little update...

So I purchased a Peugeot Ion 2015 OBC. Seems like they updated both the inverter and the OBC pretty early. My 2012 Ion is (?)number 12862 and they changed at number 13203->. Completely new OBC and inverter, but same connections. Not compatible with my car though. Argh!

Radi513,

Can you post a picture of the OBC? The videos in the link JoeS provided are of my car. I think the 2015 OBC is the same design as the 2013 I used. If it came with the cables then you should be able to change it out.

I can confirm that my 2012 OBC is the same as your early 2012 OBC - and that my 2015 OBC is the same as your late 2012 OBC.
I guess I'll have to wait around for an early 2012. I dont want to mess around with the high power cables (cutting).

Back