footswitch

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 am

Hey guys.
My OBC (Case #16 on this thread) had the exact same symptoms as ChristopheFR (Case #18).
I remember reading he swapped the bigger components on the top board, but it still wouldn't work.
Just a heads up, finally I got mine repaired. It's working right now.
More details coming soon.
Cheers

ChristopheFR

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:53 am

Hello footswitch,
Glad to read you again in this post.
As for my Z, I finally bought a used OBC that I repaired, same symptoms as electronpusher : I just changed a blue capacitor in the doghouse.
But I hope now to repair the old one: I just desoldered the waffle plate to test the IBGT one by one.
I also have a doubt about the UC2854 component, which drives the PFC.
And what part did you repair?

danielsl

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 am

Same problem burnt charger. However I can't anyhow remove bottom board that has filter relay and burned capacitors. How it's done. I thought about replacing them. But they seems glued to the heat exchanger

coulomb

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:12 am

danielsl wrote: I can't anyhow remove bottom board that has filter relay and burned capacitors. How it's done. I thought about replacing them. But they seems glued to the heat exchanger

This is the post from the index on the first page about the bottom board, it might help some:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4079&start=20#p36669

Removing all 72 joints really requires a desoldering station, but you should be able to unbolt the Waffle Plate™ from the case and gain access to the two pieces (bottom board and Waffle Plate combined).

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”