PV1
Site Moderator

Re: Will not preheat when fully charged.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:18 am

One thing to watch for with the remote is the pre-conditioning will NOT activate if a door is open. Make sure all the doors and rear hatch are fully closed (confirm by pressing LOCK on the remote, good to go if the lights flash).

On 120 volts, the proper procedure is to hold the power button on the remote to wake it up (top button on right side). Press Mode (middle right button) twice to get to pre-conditioning, use the front left/right buttons to select desired mode, and then press/release power button again to send command. The remote should ascending chime 3-4 tones, flashing the antenna icon on the screen for a second or two, and then play 3-4 descending chimes to confirm pre-con is active. The car should then activate the EVSE and start conditioning the car (easiest to try with either the COOL or Defrost options as it will light up the buttons on the center stack).

Just to confirm, does your charging cord say "Mitsubishi Innovative Electric Vehicle" on the face of the brick? Simply turning the remote on will cause the Charge light to come on for about 15 seconds even if no settings are changed when the car is fully charged but still plugged in.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

bradleydavidgood777

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 am

My car beeps when it is light out and does not beep when it is dark...when locking.
2017 I-Miev

PV1
Site Moderator

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

bradleydavidgood777 wrote:My car beeps when it is light out and does not beep when it is dark...when locking.

Your answerback is set to 3, then. That mode is based on the Auto setting, which uses the ambient light sensor.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

jray3

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 pm

The car will absolutely preheat from the remote when fully charged. I do this EVery morning in winter. L1 doesn't provide enough power for adequate preheat. I've done it successfully on an SPX (Bosch) Power XPress, Clipper Creek, and Duosida EVSE.

Even on our recent 15 degree mornings, the remote defrost was mighty toasty- so much so that it turned a 'rock star' in my windshield into a spiderweb of cracks, thanks to that tremendous temperature differential!
2012 i-SE "MR BEAN" 102,600 miles
2000 Mazda Miata EV, 78 kW, 17 kWh
1983 Grumman Kurbwatt EV,170 kW, 32 kWh
1983 Mazda RX-7 EV 43 kW 10 kWh
1971 "Karmann Eclectric" EV 240 kW 19 kWh
1965 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet

cjm1219

Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Haven't had a lot of time to expirment but fully charged the car yesterday and it pre heats(well as much as it does on L1) as it's supposed to. I cannot replicate my previous issue. Probably user error somehow. :roll: , it's been a fun conversations with you all anyways.

Car has been great. I've been having too much fun running around town with it.

Very impressive in the snow and icy.

Weak heater maybe an issue. As I'm still driving around worring about range. First time EV owner. The parking heater mod seems like it would be a fun and some what easy project.
2012 Mitsubishi I-miev SE
2012 Mitsubishi I-miev ES
2007 Nissan Frontier
1998 Triumph Speed Triple
2000 Ktm 640 Enduro

bradleydavidgood777

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm

PV1 wrote:
bradleydavidgood777 wrote:My car beeps when it is light out and does not beep when it is dark...when locking.

Your answerback is set to 3, then. That mode is based on the Auto setting, which uses the ambient light sensor.

PV1 - thanks, didn't remember seeing that as a programmable feature even tho I read thru the manual once waiting at the dealership.

My manual (2017) has it on page 5-6.

And although the programming works as stated in the manual, it seems like the behaviors are not in line with what is listed in the manual. I wanted to choose the behavior that the horn only sounds when lock is pressed twice quickly - listed as #4. It actually works that way on #3. I think the other numbers are off too on my car but all 4 options are there, just in a different order.

Anyway, I really like that there is no beep now - I didn't like having that all of the time and now I can get it only if I need it. So thanks!

I did see your older thread on this subject but for some reason it did not have the ability to reply to it.
2017 I-Miev

Aerowhatt
Gold Member

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

cjm1219 wrote:New owner still figuring out the many quirks and features :lol: .

My preheat and whatnot seems to work as intended while the car is charging(120v standard charger) but not once fully charged (still plugged in). I unplugged and fiddled around a bit with it. Plugged it back in. Charge light goes on. I test preheat. It works. Car becomes fully charged a minute later and turns off preheating. Is this operating correctly? Am I missing something. I envisioned plugging the car in the evening before, it becomes fully charged over night, then using preheating to get it ready for the commute in on the houses energy instead of the cars battery.

With the 2014 cars I do this all the time. A delayed charge so that charging finishes an hour or two before leaving. A half hour before my wife leaves I preheat her car (from bed ;) ) right before I get up. Hundreds of times and it has always worked just fine. Even if the car is still plugged in for hours after finishing the charge, turning on the heat with the remote always works just fine.

Perhaps there is a difference in programing? I can't think of anything that might cause what you are experiencing in the area of a fault with the car.

Aerowhatt
(July) 2014 cool silver ES, acquired new 4/2015 (40.9ah at ~34K miles)
(Aug) 2014 Labrador Black Pearl ES, acquired new 3/2016 (39.7ah at ~20k miles)

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”