OVMS for Mitsubishi i-Miev, Citroen C-Zero and Peugeot iOn

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they are on new hardware with OVMS3.1

https://www.openvehicles.com/310gettingstarted

I just found out about this some time ago and you can't get the older version anymore so it seems I have to wait until they add i-MIEV support back in :(

I got my V3 hardware and got it working a few days ago. It's pretty slick.

I need to find a good place to mount the hardware and antenna.

They only added support a few months ago so there's still some bugs. It doesn't currently detect the car is charging, although I can see the SOC going up over time.

There's a lot more they could grab I imagine, I was looking through the code and what little I could find on the cars CANBus IDs. I wonder if the car sends the tire pressures....

Items like SoH of the battery could work too.

jjlink said:
I have the version 2 hardware. Let us know when they get more features on the v3 hardware working the the I-MiEV.

I never used V2 but V3 seems easier to use given that it can update itself automatically.

I couldn't find more info on the car's CAN bus, beyond what's currently being monitored. Canion tracks much more detail but the basic categories on the battery, charging and temperatures seem to be covered.

Not even sure if it's possible or safe to write data to do things like trigger preheating etc.

edit: and the new update fixed the charging detection so I can finally monitor the car charging while out of remote range(which is almost always the case)

Testing out individual cell voltages and temperatures:

vbGFPdM.png

Only available on local WiFi but can technically be available in the app. I can check them via SMS although it's not very readable.

Can also set up alerts for cell temperatures/voltage although this slammed my phone with alerts by default as there is a big gap in cell temperatures during charging.

ChrisEV said:
Canion tracks much more detail

Which more details you missed from OVMS?
SOH set now in Trio/Settings on web interface, to calibrate ideal range.

I see you use my code. The first is charge detection. (in my city does not have a working DC charger), i think now works great. Now i want to add some feature to code.
Some data that only show metrics:
- heater temperature
- energy used/received
- charging energy used
- trip data (xmi trip), show kWh/100km, km/kWh, trip length, heating energy used

all energy calculation is first try

KommyKT said:
ChrisEV said:

I see you use my code. The first is charge detection. (in my city does not have a working DC charger), i think now works great. Now i want to add some feature to code.
- heater temperature
- energy used/received
- charging energy used
- trip data (xmi trip), show kWh/100km, km/kWh, trip length, heating energy used

Is there an update on your NAS? I can't seem to download it. I can test charge detection.

I've seen the SoH setting and the energy used by the heater which is very useful. I haven't seen any of the other metrics show any data. A trip odometer with energy calculations would be very useful as I get a daily email with a spreadsheet of all the metrics.

I'm looking at the coffee for the iOS and Android apps to see how to add this to the interface.

Yes, latest version on the NAS.
Now i see some 12V Battery Critical message while driving.
ChrisEV said:
KommyKT said:
ChrisEV said:

- heater temperature
- energy used/received
- charging energy used

Is there an update on your NAS? I can't seem to download it. I can test charge detection.

I've seen the SoH setting and the energy used by the heater which is very useful. I haven't seen any of the other metrics show any data. A trip odometer with energy calculations would be very useful as I get a daily email with a spreadsheet of all the metrics.

I'm looking at the coffee for the iOS and Android apps to see how to add this to the interface.

I just got my v3.1 OVMS hardware, up and running today.

In case anyone is interested a OVMS v2 hardware box is for sale on eBay for $30.00 (good deal).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OVMS-Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/183606077227

I may also try sell my v2 box as well if anyone is interested.

jjlink said:

How's it working for you?

Right now it's pretty good for me. I'm getting some nice trip and battery statistics out of it.

I need a better place to mount the hardware and antenna

ChrisEV said:
jjlink said:

How's it working for you?

Right now it's pretty good for me. I'm getting some nice trip and battery statistics out of it.

I need a better place to mount the hardware and antenna
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I mounted it down under where the 12v outlet is. Basically all I have done is got the Android app connected to my OVMS v3 car module working. It appears the estimated range is wrong, and the ideal range shows zero all the time.

Other than the Android app, I have not tried much. It looks like the commands are different. I did checkout the dashboard and the web interface for setup. Are there other things I should try out?

KommyKT has a custom build of OVMS that supports more features than the "official" version.

I've been posting some results here:

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/issues/174

The link to download it is in there.

It seems to work pretty well and fixes any problems I've found so far. It's even got a visual of all cells in the web interface.

I've been trying to do a CANbus capture but it just crashes my module everytime, as I was hoping to report on when the car is preheating etc.

ChrisEV said:
KommyKT has a custom build of OVMS that supports more features than the "official" version.

I've been posting some results here:

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/issues/174

The link to download it is in there.

It seems to work pretty well and fixes any problems I've found so far. It's even got a visual of all cells in the web interface.

I've been trying to do a CANbus capture but it just crashes my module everytime, as I was hoping to report on when the car is preheating etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got the firmware loaded and ran it around the block.

The BMS monitor is pretty cool. I will check it again after charging.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!APeLRIUxoBzYn4dm

Thanks

V3.2 is out and it has the new iMIEV code.

It seems to work well. I have more problems with non iMIEV specific stuff like wifi disconnect and some crashes.

It seems to support everything that's ever been discovered on the CANbus for the car from what I can tell. I don't know if the car sends the psi of each tire on the bus for example.

I wanted it to monitor charging remotely and it works great for that. Having an automatic trip calculation is nice as well.

Now we just need to snoop more data on the bus.

Amazing job KommyKT

Back