Airbag Warning Light

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, count me in on the newest to join the "airbag warning light club." My 12V battery checks out fine (putting out around 13.7V according to my multi-tester and fluid is topped off) and I don't think I've disconnected any wires under the seats while cleaning. It's probably going to be early August before I can make the long trip from Tucson to the Phoenix dealer (about 100 miles away) to address this. I'll check in on this thread again when I find out more.

Is that voltage reading with the car READY or off? It should be 14.0-14.3 volts with the car on (though with temperature compensation, 13.7 volts is proper DC-DC output at high temperatures). The battery when idle should be around 12.6 - 12.9 volts.

If it just randomly came on, you may have a faulty impact sensor. That was my case. There was a recall early on that covered most of the bad sensors, but it didn't catch all of them.

It's 13.7V with the car turned off and this is about the same voltage reading I got earlier this year, when I added a little distilled water to each of the 6 inlets. Back then, daytime temps were in the 80 degree F range. It's now up to 105 most days.

I called Mark Mitsubishi in Phoenix this morning and they checked my VIN. Sure enough, I'm due for an airbag sensor recall. The tech cautioned, though, that this might not be a direct correlation with the dash light. No mention of an actual airbag recall. They told me to stop in whenever it would be convenient for me and I don't have to make a precise day/hour appointment . . . good news, since I'll probably need a bit of wiggle room for the long drive up there.

When I sold my original i-MiEV the airbag light was lit and I told the buyer (a friend) to go to Mitsu for the airbag recall and they'd take care of the light at the same time. Well, a year later, he finally took the i-MiEV in for the recall but the service manager said that the dash light was probably the crash sensor and they wanted $150 just to investigate...

Since they're friends, I'm going to borrow the i-MiEV and take it in to Mitsu and remind the service manager that THEY had already replaced the sensor (recall) [it had no problem before they touched it] and that the problem was still reoccurring and if they look in their records they will find a light reset that they had already performed.

Does anyone know if the airbag system is under a warranty that is separate from the normal i-MiEV warranty?

(Sigh.) :(

Does anyone know if the iCarsoft i909 Scanner can perform an airbag light reset?

JoeS said:
Does anyone know if the airbag system is under a warranty that is separate from the normal i-MiEV warranty?

Does anyone know if the iCarsoft i909 Scanner can perform an airbag light reset?
Seconded. Now Koorz has a lit airbag light. Since I also have the Takata recall for the passenger airbag, how well do the replacements match the dash? What brand are the replacements?

PV1 said:
how well do the replacements match the dash? What brand are the replacements?
My replacement passenger airbag has the same surface texture, but supposedly was only available in black, so it doesn't match the brown SE dashboard

JoeS said:
When I sold my original i-MiEV the airbag light was lit and I told the buyer (a friend) to go to Mitsu for the airbag recall and they'd take care of the light at the same time. Well, a year later, he finally took the i-MiEV in for the recall but the service manager said that the dash light was probably the crash sensor and they wanted $150 just to investigate...

Since they're friends, I'm going to borrow the i-MiEV and take it in to Mitsu and remind the service manager that THEY had already replaced the sensor (recall) [it had no problem before they touched it] and that the problem was still reoccurring and if they look in their records they will find a light reset that they had already performed.

friend,
try extinguishing the pillow program from my post, I think you can remove the lamp error
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4101

Back