after a full charge how many miles supposed to show on the miev display?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EPA rated range of 62 miles is an average, so you'll rarely see exactly that number. It is based on energy consumption during your most recent 15 miles of driving, and on a battery with at least 80% of original capacity, you should see more than 62 miles after a calm drive on level terrain. My car often showed 81 miles when recharging after an uphill evening commute on 45 mph roads during mild weather.
After a highway drive in winter with some heater use, don't be disappointed to see more like 45 miles of estimated range.

jray3 said:
The EPA rated range of 62 miles is an average, so you'll rarely see exactly that number. It is based on energy consumption during your most recent 15 miles of driving, and on a battery with at least 80% of original capacity, you should see more than 62 miles after a calm drive on level terrain. My car often showed 81 miles when recharging after an uphill evening commute on 45 mph roads during mild weather.
After a highway drive in winter with some heater use, don't be disappointed to see more like 45 miles of estimated range.

Thanks

jray3 said:
It is based on energy consumption during your most recent 15 miles of driving, and on a battery with at least 80% of original capacity, you should see more than 62 miles after a calm drive on level terrain.
Depending on how and where you drove those 15 miles, the number will be all over the place. If you drove them on the freeway at 75 mph, the number will be as low as 45 or 50. If you drove them stop and go around town at 25 or 30 on level ground, it might be as high as 85 or 90. If you drove them all downhill, coming down off the mountain, it might be even higher than that

Long story short, for a used car you're looking at on a lot, unless YOU drove those 15 miles and are aware of the circumstances, the number you see on the RR gauge (Range Remaining) means nothing, so don't give it any weight at all

Don

Totally agree with Don.

jafcorrea, you're evidently in the SF Bay Area. I'll be back home in a week or so and if you still haven't bought your i-MiEV I'll be happy to let you borrow my CaniOn setup to measure the battery capacity of prospective cars.

JoeS said:
Totally agree with Don.

jafcorrea, you're evidently in the SF Bay Area. I'll be back home in a week or so and if you still haven't bought your i-MiEV I'll be happy to let you borrow my CaniOn setup to measure the battery capacity of prospective cars.

Hi Joe, thank you so much,
I will be in touch ... Correa

Recently my range remaining display is only showing 45-47 miles of range when the car is fully charged (all 16 bars displayed). Usually it will indicate 57-59 miles. The car is a 2012 model. This happened after the car sat unused for about five days with the car charged to about 12 bars.
Any thoughts.
Thanks

Lithim said:
Any thoughts.
Thanks

The fact that the car sat for 5 days with 12 bars of charge has nothing to do with the differences you're seeing on the RR gauge

Don

Lithim,,You may want to do a reset on your cycle. They recommend it about every two weeks. Run your pack down (safely) to one flashing bar, then charge on level 1 household current till full, continually without a break in charging. You should notice an increase in range.
On another note, I cannot find a post on an issue. I replaced my 12v battery after it failed. After replacement, the car with exclamation mark symbol will not turn off from my dash. Although, after replacement, I showed 57 mi. range with 12 bars, where it was 37 mi. remaining previous to swap out. Just trying to find out how to reset dash symbol. Thanks

Back