Service, Diagnostic Troubleshooting and Repair, MUT 3

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are a lot of scanner tools for $ 100 that you know about error codes on the phone: Donop Professional U480, KOBRA Wireless OBD2 Car Code Scan Tool
You can see the article on my homepage.

i bought an iCarsoft 909 and it is a good scanner for DTCs, lets you reset some DTCs, collects data over CAN buss and displays the values. It is a useful tool but not a MUT.

i am still putting together the pieces for a MUT: panasonic toughbook, service manual pdf file, a copy of MUT software. Just need a real VCI unit, too many fakes and clones out there...

The MUT software comes in 2 version, the full-up, and MUT lite. The lite version only has a limited subset of the full MUT functions.

Is there any third party OBD-II scan tool software utilising the ELM327/STN11xx adaptors that works with the i-Miev/Ion/C-Zero at all ?

I have a Scantool OBDLink LX which I bought to use with Canion on my Ion, which it does, however out of curiosity I've tried over a dozen Android based OBD-II scanning apps including the one bundled with the OBDLink and none of them will communicate with the car.

All of them report that no ECU's are responding, and many of the apps cause the dashboard to light up with error lights until the ignition is cycled off.

So I can only assume that despite using OBD-II compliant Canbus signalling at the physical/data layer, these cars are not OBD-II compliant at the higher layers, and don't have any of the standard OBD-II pids most OBD-II software is expecting to read as you would find on an ICE.

Not really a problem for me as I have a Lexia 3 which is the PSA diagnostic tool and that works fine with it, but not everyone has that...

I'm going to jump into this elderly thread......

Is there any confirmed success with any of the Chinese MUT's?

Do they still need an old Xp machine to run?

Looking to get one, but not too interesting in tossing ~$500 straight out the window!

Back