Help please. I have parasites

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jik13

My wife rear ended another car in her miev at very low speed. It left a small dent in the front panel which was replaced by the insurance companies panel beater.
As soon as we got the car back we noticed the range drops by about 20% while parked and off. This never happened before.
Any theories?

Welcome! - You don't say where you're from?

Dent in the front 'panel'?? The plastic front bumper cover??

Replaced by a 'panel beater'?

Range (RR meter?) drops when you park it and shut it off???

More details please ;)

Don

Thanks you.

We live in New Zealand and have a 2012 miev.

By front panel I mean, what on other cars would be a bonnet. The part that lifts up.

By range I mean the bars on the display in the driver's seat. We have also noticed the battery is draining faster on our regular commutes.

Sorry for being unclear. We are brand new to ev''s. The insurance company wants the battery to get tested on the presumption it is normal deterioration due to age.
We have the car booked in tomorrow for a battery test but we strongly doubt it is a battery problem.
We are wondering if anyone has had an experience similar, and what the culprit might be

When you plug in to charge and let it charge until the charger cuts off--does the "fuel" gauge read the full 16 bars?

What is the Range Remaining gauge reading after a full charge?

How far is your commute and what does the fuel gauge read after one way and after the round trip? Use the trip meter to measure these distances.

Do you see any leds on the Air Conditioning or Heater knobs lit up? Has the Max button been pressed and lit up?

Back