Charging Nit Pick

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

One aspect that i find annoying is that it is nearly impossible to see the "fuel" gauge during charging, from outside the car. i have to open the door and look in to see the gauge. From that standpoint i like the way they did on the Leaf with the charging level indicator on the top of the dash and easily visible thru the front windshield.

kiev, I agree with you, and it can be classed as a convenience feature. It is barely possible to make out the charge level (and the red glow showing the car is charging ) if the side windows are not heavily tinted. There's always the Remote, but I sure wish they made the Remote display % SoC instead of just three bars.

Happily, I rarely need to check the charge level with the car locked. If I didn't remember what the charge level of the car was, at home, before charging I open the door and pop open the charge port, leave the driver's door open, turn on the EVSE with the mechanical timer, plug in the car, listen for the whoosh (DCQC i-MiEVs) and check the charge level and then close the door, and then go back and adjust the mechanical timer to have charging stop at 12-13 bars. Sounds complicated, but takes just a few seconds.

Yup - A blinking LED on the dash like the Volt has would have been a nice 50 cent addition

Don

It's a better benefit for other drivers to know if they can unplug you if the car is charged. Real easy to tell if there's a nice light on the dashboard.

Although every public L2 I've ever used can tell you if it's actively charging, people don't seem to check.

Back