Replacement windshield wiper fluid resevoir cap

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcbrine

I'm having no luck searching for a replacement online, although I figure a broad array of inexact substitutes should work. Temporarily, I'm using duct tape. :D

Heh, thanks. But to be clear, there's no shortage of caps available online; it's just that, when I check for compatibility, they all say no. The yeggi results don't seem much different in that respect -- no explicit compatibility checker, but no "i-MiEV" mentioned, either.

I was hoping someone could tell me "Yeah, a cap for a BrandX ModelY will work," or "an old film canister lid is a perfect fit." But, I realize I'll probably have to go on that adventure myself...

So, I bought a 3D printer the other day, and I actually did print a wiper cap. Not that any of the existing models were compatible, but I took one and scaled down the diameter. It took a few iterations to get it right, but it's on now:

wipercap.jpg

Until now, I was still using the original duct tape. :)

BTW, that first cap I printed wasn't ideal, since I did it in PLA. I eventually printed a new one in PETG, which required some adjustments, and the filament I had for that one was black.

IMG_0072.JPG

Hi WMC,

This looks like an excellent use for one of these printers!

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Back