Help won't charge

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried on the L1 and L2 charger tonight - nothing. I am going to go try and find a network L2 and make sure the car will take a charge. ;-(
Suggestions anyone??

An OBDII dongle from Scantool, the green LX version, has Blueteeth capability to interface with an android device (phone or tablet) using the caniOn app. Wonderful tool to let you know the status and health of pack and each individual cell.

It sounds like you have an intermittent contact in the charge port--did you find any dirt in the sockets?

I tried the qtip method with some rubbing alcohol. They came out dirty. It did it till they came out pretty clean, no change.
I am charging at an expensive L3 right now. When I get to 80%, I'm going to go to a nearby network L2 and see if it will charge. If it does, I may go after my EVSE.
I have emailed with the EVSE chap and he thought that there might be something up with the handle.

Well, it charged just fine on the L2 blink charger at Ikea.
The guy from EVSE will be getting a call tomorrow. Time to get out the testing equipment and see what's going on.
Of course this has to happen on our first temp drop of the year....

ok - I took the handle apart and tested the lead that it looked to be wired to. Looked like it was between the proximity detector and the equipment ground.
With the button up - not pressed - the resistance between the two was 150 Ohms. With the button pressed it was 480 kilo Ohms.

Does anyone know if that is the correct reading? Let me know if you can test your EVSE so I know if this is the correct resistance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6vufbv5x74v06v/J1772.pdf?dl=0

thanks!!

Was there a typo--it should read 480 Ohms when the button is pressed? If it really is reading 480 k then that could be a reason it is not starting.

new tickler.
I took it to a repair shop that works on hybrids and electrics (though they basically do tires and brakes on electrics). They had a leaf there. I plugged it into the leaf and it worked. I took it home and plugged it into my iMiev and it worked. A few hours later, when I was prepping to go someplace, I used the remote to preheat the car. It would not respond. I go outside, and the charger had stopped. I moved the cord around, and it started charging again.
This weekend, I will split the brick and check continuity on the wires from the brick to the handle, while moving the cord. I will also check the wires on the 'switch' under the release lever.

And the k Ohms isn't a typo. That's what it read. And it repeated the exact same number so I would assume that it was functioning the way it was intended. Or, it is a repeatable failure??

Thanks!

Back