Using the battery as an emergency supply

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kiev,
Thank you once again for the valuable information.

I am not sure what you mean by direct vs ready more.

I am sourcing a chademo plug at the moment to see if i get all the components first.

If I have any results i will post again.

9h1bw said:
I am not sure what you mean by direct vs ready more.

Connecting directly to the pack voltage at the chademo terminals
vs
connecting to the terminals inside the Motor Control Unit while ON in READY mode. When the car is ON there is additional overhead loads.

Good luck with finding a low-cost chademo connector--i would just look for some 9mm diameter connector pins or have a machine shop make some of brass or copper.

Thank you that us most helpful. So all i need is two 9mm pins to the chademo + and - socket? Lovely.

Hi gentlemen,

After a year I am now in a position to try to use my IMiev as an emergency supply. I now found a qualified technician to do the necessary modifications.

I showed him the photos and pin connections you sent me but he needs a circuit diagram to make sure of what he is doing.

Does anybody either have this diagram or point me in the right direction.

Chris

Take a look at my blogsite again at the link, and the diagram lower down, from the previous page. i think i have described or identified all the terminal types and sizes, wire colors, pin numbers, locations, and connections to be made, etc on those posts. i didn't necessarily put it all together in one place because i didn't want to make it too easy for someone to get injured. If that still doesn't make sense then i can try to draw up some sort of wiring diagram, pm me it will be easier with email.

Back