Cross Country Tour

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwatson

My family and I have embarked on a three week tour of the western US. We are on the road with our Raspberry i-miev SE premium. We left Memphis on Saturday at 2:00 am. On Sunday we visited the Mitchell, SD Corn Palace, The Badlands of South Dakota and Wall Drug. On Monday we saw Mount Rushmore. Yesterday we visited the South Dakota Air and Space Museum, Devil's Tower in Wyoming, and drove through the Mountains of the Bighorn National Forest. Today we press on to Yellowstone National Park.

Later this week we will continue on to the Teton National park and then into Utah, with stops planned at Salt Lake City, Arches National Park and Zion National Park. We also plan to see Las Vegas on our trip, then cross through Death Valley to Anaheim California, to see what Mickey and Minnie are up to.

On our return trip, The Grand Canyon is on our itinerary as well as Monument Valley.

I've posted this in the pictures and videos section because I'm taking photos of our little i-miev at our sightseeing stops, however sadly, I've not kept up with tech to retrieve and post my pictures yet. I'll see if my daughter can help me with that, and hope to get them on here soon.

We're having a great time! More later!

Wow. Have fun on the trip! Lots of familiar stops mentioned already when we went out west in 2003.

I'm interested in where you find and have found charging. Who says you can't take trips in the i-MiEV :lol: .

Spoiler Alert...

:shock: :? :lol: :roll: No imoji for tongue-in-cheek? Glad you're having a great time dolly-towing the i-MiEV behind your RV. :cool:

Do enjoy your wonderful vacation! Beautiful places!

By all means, please DO publish photos of your i-MiEV in all those places - I can wipe out my post and we can keep up the facade ;)

JoeS said:
Glad you're having a great time dolly-towing the i-MiEV behind your RV. :cool:

Do enjoy your wonderful vacation! Beautiful places!

By all means, please DO publish photos of your i-MiEV in all those places - I can wipe out my post and we can keep up the facade ;)

Busted and so quickly!

Well I will get those pictures posted! Too Bad I'm not heading your way....I'd love to see the EV Ranch! :D

Yikes! I thought someone had already outdone us!
It would make our route 66 trip this coming March pale in comparison!
Have a great time!

Sorry everyone that I haven't been back to update you..... Over the last week we've been a lot of places that have little or no internet service.

After spending the latter part of last week touring Yellowstone National park and the Grand Teton National park, we continued on to Salt Lake City and then to Moab, Utah where we toured Arches National Park. At the Arches NP visitor center we met a family from California driving a blue Tesla Model X. I think we were much more interested in his EV than he was with our EV. We waited to see him put the rear doors down. (OOoooooooHHHHhhhhh Cooooooool :D ) His daughter in the back said "Daddy! why can't I ever do it?' Men and their toys....just love playing with 'em.

Anyway, we arrived at The Navajo Indian reservation of Monument Valley, Utah on Tuesday evening and spent Wednesday at the park. Here's a picture of my little girl driving her i-miev on the gravel and dirt/sand roads at Monument valley.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e9h98y2nmzwneb/Photo Aug 23, 2 23 55 PM.jpg?dl=0

You know Monument Valley is where a lot of John Wayne Hollywood westerns were filmed. As well as newer movies like "Back to the Future III", "Forrest Gump" and "Transformers".

Yesterday we arrived in Las Vegas, and today we went out to the Hoover dam.....to take "The Dam Tour" :lol:

I have a lot more pictures that I'm trying to get downloaded so I can post them.

Keep us all in your prayers....Love the Watson's.....Ira, Anna and Chris.

Great photo! How do you keep the i-MiEV so clean?
Even though Dropbox doesn't seem to allow us to link and imbed a photo into our posts, the link works fine by simply clicking on it.
Looking forward to more photos.
Don't lose your shirt in Vegas, and have a great trip back home!

Posting a few photos from iwatson's cross-country trip last year -

iWatson0620.jpg

iWatson0614.jpg

iWatson0884.jpg

iWatson0724.jpg

JoeS said:
Don't lose your shirt in Vegas, and have a great trip back home!

Believe it or not we only wagered $2 dollars on a our 3 day stay in Vegas....And I won $11 dollars, so we left up $9 dollars (it's just not my thing!)

We dropped a bundle at Walt's little place in Anaheim though! :D

Back