Charging Down Route 66

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 10 in Holbrook.
Stayover decompress day.
Laundry, visit w David Heward of rte66 electric car club, post office, pharmacy refills, haircut, laundry.
Less than 30 miles travel today.

rkarl89203 said:
note: while in place in holbrook yesterday i drove 7 miles.
So noted. I changed the previous 30 miles to 7 miles.

Trip data spreadsheet updated.

Here is the link to Rick's video interview with Jim Hinckley:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/191353127723382?ref=bookmarks

The video image that I viewed was reversed. :eek: Camera pointed at a mirror?

Interesting tidbit from this video: the first person killed by a car in the US was in New York in 1898 by an electric taxi.

Day 13: acomita villa to albuquerque .
Stopped by to visit Aerowhatt.
I traveled 62 miles miles today.

zipping right along.
Looks like one more slow day before Santa Rosa as the Flying C is the only serious charging option between Moriarty and Santa Rosa. Then the pace really picks up north from Amarillo.

Day 15. Moriarty NM to Tucumcari NM.
Today i drove 143 miles. Stepping it up to get home!
Thunder, lightning, dime size hail.
Yet the dauntless i-Miev is unfazed.
The open road continues to call.

Did you get from Moriarty to the RV park in Santa Rosa on a single charge, especially in such weather? :shock: That looks like a 79+ mile leg with nothing in the middle. After a feat like that, the 59 miles to Tucumcari must've been no sweat! :mrgreen:

Nope. Weather, hail and headwinds made me stop at the Bowlin Flying C Ranch for a topup charge.
Then to Santa Rosa.

Day 16....Tucumcari NM to Amarillo TX
With 2 side trips.
I drove 131 total miles today.
Tomorrow i leave the Route 66 to travel Northeast for a more direct trip home.

Day 17 was a bit weird. Left route 66 early, made it through Panhandle and Pampa TX. Only to discover that the subsequent charging opportunity no longer exists. Fortunately i hadnt taken the sharp turn north yet. So here i am back on the route in Alanreed Texas.
The route doesnt want to let me leave just yet. I drove 110 miles. Only 67 were "forward progress" though.
Onward! Will probably take the direct turn out of Tulsa instead.
Oh darn!

At least the weather looks good for you! Still waiting for you to break the 200-mile day barrier (which is actually more difficult to do when one is on the road in unfamiliar territory than when on one's home turf).

Trip data spreadsheet updated. I update this spreadsheet every day even though I may not post that I've done it, but also noticed a quirk with Google's spreadsheet that if I don't hit tab or return the data entry does not persist.

Day 19: Clinton, Ok to Chandler OK.
With serious GPS anomalies in OKC, and getting hopelessly lost for 2 hours at OKC, i drove 186 miles total.

Back